Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Farewell June

Okay wow. If any of you see who made off with June report them. Please.

Life

I don't know about any of you, but I had a very rainy June. Toward the end of June my workload lightened and I was able to get a lot done. I finally organized my bookshelf and now it looks amazing. I drew quite a bit. This is one piece I did from a scene I was working on for A Time of Trepidation, Pirates, and Lost Princesses.




Reading

Flight of the Raven by Morgan L. Busse
4.5 stars
Fantasy//Unlikely Couple//Christian
Defy Me by Tahereh Mafi
4.5 Stars
Short//No Answers// Warner


Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller
4.5 stars
Pirates// Trickery// Betrayal
Daughter of the Siren Queen by Tricia Levenseller
4.5 stars
Sirens// Treasure// Swashbuckling


Son of War, Daughter of Chaos by Janette Rallison
5 stars!
Favorites//Egyptian//Swoonworthy
Heart of the Curiosity by H.L. Burke
4 stars.
Steampunk// Theaters// Clock work






























Movies




This movie had an interesting concept, but it could have been done much better. Hayden Christensen did a good job as teh irresponsible kid who never grew up, and of course I'm always down for Samuel L. Jackson as a bad guy. But the heroine in this story was a joke, and ruined my enjoyment somewhat.


Amazing, this movie was absolutely amazing. The music was great, the characters relatable, and the jokes made me laugh. This movie in no way replaces the original, but it was a nice addition. Especially to this lover of live action movies.


As a Spider-Man fan I can never condone the killing of a Peter Parker. And this movie does way too much of that. Still I was curious, seeing that this movie is a meme classic so I decided to take a chance. I pleasantly surprised by how funny this movie is. The animation made me a little dizzy. And be ready for some emotionally traumatizing scenes.


Speaking of emotional trauma... *trails off in incoherent sobbing*


A good finale to both the movies and the TV series (or at least what I've seen of the series). Obviously it could never hold a candle to the first one though, and that fills me with unrealistic expectations. Still it was pleasingly humorous in its own rights.


Cheesy, corny, kinda boring, and it only played one song over and over. This movie is a classic.


This movie had me laughing from its title and I didn't stop all the way through. Just like all of the other Lego Movies, I loved it XD

Writing:

This month I continued with the 100-for-100 challenge with my Sci-Fi story before finally deciding to give up on the last day of the month XD

I've written quite a bit in Time of Trepidation and now I have less than ten chapters to go!

That's all for this month. Have you seen any of the movies I've seen? Have any of your read Janette Rallison before (btw, no is the wrong answer XD)? Do you think that I should put up more of my artwork on this blog? Comment Below!

3 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to watching Aladdin and Into the Spider-verse. They sound fantastic! And I really enjoyed HTTYD 3 as well! About cried at the end. 😭

    Congrats on being almost done with Time of Trepidation!! That's SO EXCITING. 🎉🎉

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should absolutely post more art, are you an idiot???? xD Just kidding, but seriously...your art is so good. *cries*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture! SO many good books and movies!
    I've been wanting to read Daughter of the Pirate King.

    ReplyDelete