Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Ship it or RIP it blogging collab with Faith





 Today I have a fun surprise for you. I'm doing a blogging collaboration with the awesome Faith. We decided to swap some of our characters and mix them together and see if we would ship it or if we had to RIP it. So without further ado, I'll share the pairings that I got.






Captain Derek Terarnthien, The Pentegreens series by R.F. Gammon


Princess Elisabeth White, A Winter Dark and Deadly by Nicki Chapelway


An interesting combo that's for sure. I'm assuming that in order for them to meet that Derek would be a member of Elisabeth's guard. That would give them plenty of time to grow close. Both Derek and Elisabeth are very duty oriented and noblehearted. They are both dedicated to what they do. At first all their similarities seem like a good thing, but I think they are too similar. As the princess of Havenkeep, Elisabeth needs to marry a noble or a fellow ruler. And neither Elisabeth or Derek are ones to challenge the rules to be together.

My final decision? RIP it.




Aleria, An Apprentice of Death by Nicki Chapelway

Lucas Burns, Watched by R.F. Gammon

Another extremely interesting pairing. Actually, let's just assume for a moment that all of these pairings are going to be very interesting. Lucas is a flirty, popular, rule breaker. Aleria is a cocky assassin. My first thought was that she would kill him right off the bat. But then I got to thinking. Lucas is an easy going guy who everyone loves. And Aleria is not immune to flirtations.

My final decision? Actually, I'm going to say ship it. Assuming Lucas survives the first encounter I think they would get along just fine.



Clarence Redow, The Pentergreens series by R.F. Gammon


Jaye MacCullagh, Of Gold and Iron by Nicki Chapelway

So Clarence is the captain of the guard's son. He's sweet and dutiful and carefree. Jaye is a human guardian who protects the world against faeries. She's antisocial and snarky.

My decision? This is a hard pass. RIP for sure. These kids would only fight.










Rishatta Woods, The Pentegreens Series by R.F. Gammon


Chelsea Welling, My Time in Amar by Nicki Chapelway

Rishatta Woods is a troubled soul who isn't sure what he should do with his evil father. Chelsea is a victim of circumstance who just wants to get home. These two actually have a lot in common. For one they both worry, a lot. They are also both pretty stubborn, so they would probably argue quite a bit. Ultimately though I feel like what Rish really needs is love. And Chelsea has a lot of love to share. She is loyal to a very great fault.

My decision? Ship it. I think these two kids would be good for each other.






Keo, Not the Chosen One by R.F. Gammon


Alicia Hareton, A Certain Sort of Madness by Nicki Chapelway

This isn't even a question. Keo is twenty-six and Alicia is only fifteen. RIP this a hundred times and hide the evidence.

I do think that these starry eyed dreamers would make great friends though.





Easton Moncrief, My Time in Amar by Nicki Chapelway

Mel Alltote, Watched by R.F. Gammon

Easton is a dedicated and kind soul. He's studious and cool headed. Mel is a distracted worrywart who doesn't always apply herself to school and one of her favorite things is sleeping. Mel has a bunch of siblings and Easton is an only child. Still, I think that Easton would be a good influence on Mel. And in return Mel can help Easton loosen up some.

My final decision? Ship it



.


Dante Moretti III, A Certain Sort of Madness by Nicki Chapelway

Kariana Winslet, The Pentergreens Series by R.F. Gammon

These two actually have a lot in common. Neither are particularly social, they both had rough childhoods. They are fiercely loyal to the few friends they have. They also spend a lot of time pretending to be people that they are not. I think that they would actually really like each other if they got to know each other. The problem is I don't think they would ever get to know each other. Neither one is outgoing enough to try it. These two aren't really big on building relationships. Any happenstance between the two of them would have them parting ways still as strangers.

My decision? RIP it.

Ravven Crowe, Of Gold and Iron by Nicki Chapelway


Esma Pentegreen, The Pentegreens Series by Nicki Chapelway


Ravven is an arrogant and solitary faerie. He is manipulative, cruel, and most of all lonely. Esma is a sweet naive princess. At first thought this unlikely pairing doesn't work out. However, both Ravven and Esma have a sort of innocence in common. Plus Esma is a softy and can often see the goodness even in monsters. I think she would give Ravven the chance that he needs.


My decision? This was the hardest one for me to choose. I'm not going to lie. But ultimately I'm going to Ship it.

Dirk, An Apprentice of Death by Nicki Chapelway

Cass Tennant, Not the Chosen One by R.F. Gammon

 Dirk is an elite guardsman raised to serve a cruel king after having been kidnapped from an orphanage as a boy. He's cocky and loves a thrill. Cass is a rebellious teen, who loves to break rules. Dirk is an easy going guy who would get along with pretty much everyone he meets. Plus I've heard that Cassie has pet dragons. And Dirk certainly has a thing for chicks who have dealings with dragons.

My decision? Ship it. Not only would these two make an awesome couple, they would also be best friends.



Cedric Mooraven, A Winter Dark and Deadly by Nicki Chapelway

Eira Garson, The Pentegreens Series by R.F. Gammon


Cedric is a dark prince who grew up in exile after his father lost a war. He has a wicked sense of humor and angering people is one of his favorite hobbies. Eira is a sweet girl with a ridiculously frightening power. At first glance, this seems like a bad pairing. But Eira's power would definitely appeal to Cedric. He would see finding a way to make her an ally as a way to make his father proud of him. Because in all reality Cedric never really cared about power or prestige, he's only ever wanted to feel loved. Something that I think Eira will gladly give him.

My decision? Ship it.

Annnnnd, that's the end of that. But don't forget to stop over to Faith's blog and see the pairings that she got!

8 comments:

  1. OKAY NICKI, CHEASTON FOR LIFE. I DON'T KNOW WHAT RISH IS DOING HERE WITH CHELSEA BUT IT'S NOT OKAY.

    Love this post, though. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BUT SERIOUSLY EASTON DOESN'T BELONG WITH ANYONE ELSE EITHER. WHY IS THIS EVEN CONSIDERED AT THIS POINT??? XD

      Delete
  2. Derek and Elisabeth: Gotta admit, I disagree. I think they'd be great xD In other circumstances, anyway.

    Aleria and Lucas: totally agree and we got the same one xD

    Clarence and Jaye: mmm, maybe? I miiiiiight be able to see that, but there would definitely be a lot of fighting.

    Rish and Chelsea: Maybe. Just maybe. There is a slight chance that this could work. xD

    Keo and Alicia: NO definitely not xD but I agree that they'd be good friends.

    Easton and Mel: Yes, honestly! Do it! XD

    Dante and Kariana: They're like the same person? Oops? xD

    Ravven and Esma: No. No, no, no. I mean, it's definitely classic Esma, but at the same time...oh, my poor baby girl.

    Dirk and Cass: Oh yes definitely DO IT. xD

    And Cedric and Eira: maaaaaybe? I don't really know, honestly. That one would be a tossup.

    This is hilarious and I loved it!!!! Thanks so much for agreeing to this madness! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OKAY YOU JUST HOLD ON A SECOND BEFORE YOU GO SHIPPING DEREK WITH ELISABETH AND RISH WITH CHELSEA, I WILL FIGHT YOU ON THIS. XD

      Delete
  3. Oooooh, this game is SO FUN!!! There are some very interesting ships here! The most intriguing one is Rishatta and Chelsea. Unlike you, though, I think I'd rip that ship. I just CANNOT see them together. At all. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHHHHH I LOVE THIS!!!!!! So much fun learning about the characters and what you think about them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun! Esma and Rish, why do I ship it so much! XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was FUUUUUNNN to read about, Nicki :)))

    ReplyDelete