Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Camp NaNo: Goals and Progress

Here we are in July. It's the middle of the year and the middle of yet another Camp NaNo. Which of course I am participating in because it turns out that I can't turns down a challenge, specifically a writing one.

Last April my project was A Matter of Curiosity, but in July I decided to focus on the other end of Amar. My goal was to write 75k in My Time in Amar book 3 A Season of Subterfuge, Courtiers, and War Councils.

Of course that plan fell apart before July even began.

Unfortunately I was unable to finish A Time of Trepidation in June so I am still very actively working on it. In the first week of camp I decided that I should add Time of Trepidation to that goal because honestly I have gotten very little written in Season of Subterfuge between work and rewriting book 2. So now I'm just trying to write 75k as a collective chunk in those stories.

I'm hoping to finish up Time of Trepidation this week maybe??? (I am being totally unrealistic, like I always am). But then maybe not this time. I'm only a chapter (and like three POVs but who is keeping track?) away from the climax. Then I'm going to focus fully on Season of Subterfuge. At least that is the game plan.

I'm a bit behind on my goal, and by a bit I would say, oh about 20k. I'm only at 18k and I'm supposed to be 40k this late in the game. Honestly I don't want to lower my goal though because I do still want to get that much written so watch me scramble like mad these next couple of weeks.

My projects:

A Time of Trepidation, Pirates, and Lost Princesses

Their journey has only just begun...

After surviving a week trapped in the magical world of Amar; Chelsea, Easton, Clint, and Bobby are still no closer to accomplishing the mysterious quest that binds them to Amar. In a desperate attempt to figure out what this quest is, they decide to follow the instructions of an ominous book of poetry that was written over seven hundred years ago. Inside this book are several mysterious, almost prophetic poems that tell of four heroes who are the only ones who can save Amar from a dark fate. The poems also warn that one of the four will betray the other three, one will be left behind, and one will die.

Full of trepidation over what these poems could mean for them all, Chelsea and her friends journey to the Bextian Sea where they must find a golden amulet that has the potential to finally reveal what this quest is. Alas, nothing goes according to plan and Chelsea must soon find a way to survive a savage mermaid attack, a vengeful pirate king, and a sudden declaration of love from her childhood friend. All added to the stress of being trapped in a magical world, and the worry that these foreboding poems might actually be prophecies foretelling the future of her and her friends.

I am almost through this beast. I have even selected a tentative release date. Stay tuned next week for more information there. In a 100% Time of Trepidation-centric post.

A Season of Subterfuge, Courtiers, and War Councils

And introducing book 3 with the rough blurb I wrote up for it. It doesn't really have any huge spoilers, but it does share some things that happen in book 2. Just so you are warned.

Savior, soldier, or sacrifice?

Thrust into a fight seven hundred years in the making, Chelsea and her friends find themselves against an immortal emperor. If they return the true heir of Ione to her rightful throne, then they will finally be free of the magical world of Amar. But that’s easier said than done. Killing Emperor Axius is out of the question, this leaves them with the option of dethroning him. To do that, they need the support of the other kingdoms of Amar. But who would follow four kids into battle?

Chelsea and her friends journey across Amar to find a ruler who will call a War Council for them so that they can make their case. Assuming that they can survive assassins sent by Axius long enough to do so, that is. Chelsea finds herself in the northern kingdom of Rinbroch with Easton as her only ally. In this kingdom, ballrooms are the battlegrounds, and coy smiles hide deadly intents. And everyone with any amount of power seems to want them dead. As if having to constantly be on guard to avoid death via a poisoned drink or an assassin's blade is not enough, Chelsea also has to face her conflicting feelings for Easton.

Survival isn’t enough. They have to find a way to start this war. And they have to win it. Or else they will never get home. And Amar may still fall no matter what they do.

That is all for today, I had better get to writing these stories, eh? Are any of you doing Camp NaNo this year? If so, what are your projects? Do you think I will rally and actually manage to meet my goal or if it is a lost cause? Comment below!

4 comments:

  1. Your stories just sound incredible, Nicki!

    Haha, join the “I’m-so-far-behind-on-my-Camp-goal-but-who-cares?” club! I think I’m supposed to be at 7k, and I’ve barely reached 1k. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. HoW ARE YOUR BLURBS SO GOOOOOOD????? TEACH ME YOUR WAYS.

    Ah, camp xD I've never been so busy and yet I'm still managing to keep up, mostly because my goal is tiny? But ya know. xD You got this, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chelsea is STILL facing conflicting feelings for Easton in Season of Subterfuge???? *groans* WHYYYYYYY MUST YOU DO THIS TO ME.

    It was great hearing about your Camp progress! You got this, Nicki!! *waves pom poms*

    ReplyDelete