Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Bookish Meltdown Tag


I've been tagged! *runs around in circles like a headless chicken* I don't know if I've ever been officially tagged before. I steal my tags, and I don't know what to do when a tag comes to me via a legal means?

I decided to do the tag, though for a while it was between that or become a hermit and renounce the internet forever.

So without further ado, I give you the Bookish Meltdown Tag. <<<< and I don't think there have been two words to better describe me than bookish and meltdown, especially when used with each other so needless to say that I'm pretty excited about this.

FIRST, the rules, because I have to. It's in the rules...

- Credit and link to the creator of the tag (Lilian @ green tea with books)
- Include the rules.
- The BEST part: choose at least 8 books that you can’t wait to get your hands in the very nearish future!
- Tag at least 3 people to do this on any social media platform you choose.
- Let the 3 people know.
- Optional: You can use my featured post image if you’d like.

So this was a little difficult, because I have like 629 books on my to-read shelf, and normally I exaggerate, but that wasn't an exaggeration, m'darling.

But the books that I chose are definitely sitting right there on the top. I do however want to mention two books that I couldn't decide whether they should be on this list or not despite how much I want to read them. They are The Traitor's Game by Jennifer Neilson and The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black. I decided against The Traitor's Game because technically it's in my currently reading pile now not my to-read, despite the fact that I've only read two pages of it at this point. And I decided against Queen of Nothing because it isn't published yet. Sure, I have a few books in this list that aren't published yet either, but at least they're coming out this year *glares at Holly Black*.

With that said, let us move onto my bookish meltdown.

Please note, I got the pictures for all of these books from Goodreads! 

To Best the Boys by Mary Weber



Okay, so these books are listed in no particular order except for this one. This one is without a doubt the top of my list and my most anticipated read of 2019. Mary Weber is one of my favorite authors. She didn't even have to include a labyrinth to get me to want to read it.


I am so excited to read this book that I don't even know what else to say except I NEEDS IT!!!!!


A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer



This book has literally no reason to be on this list. I've never read another book by Kemmerer, the genre is one I enjoy but not one I obsess over, Beauty and the Beast is a fun retelling but not my favorite fairy tale to be retold*.

*shout out to Cinderella and Twelve Dancing Princesses

I DON'T KNOW WHY I WANT TO READ IT SO BADLY???

But I do, so it made it to the list. Actually, It's waiting for me at the library and I'm super excited.


Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger



Okay, so I blame Faith for this, and all of my other friends who seem to obsess about this story. I was mildly interested in it before, because I really enjoyed Messenger's Sky Fall trilogy, but this book seemed more Middle Grade and I haven't really read any Middle Grade since I was in Middle Grade. The pain was too recent.

But all of my friends seem to love this book so I started getting more interested. Besides, long series with huge books have a certain appeal to me. Unfortunately my library only has the last book in this series. I am extremely put out by this fact, because otherwise I would have probably read this already.

Now I'm working toward collecting them Two down, now I only have what? Five to go? *cries* I'm heading to a library sale and Half Price this week with this very mission. Wish me luck!


Caraval by Stephanie Garber



I'm not going to lie. A huge amount of this book's appeal has to do with the fact that A Matter of Curiosity takes place in a circus and I need the inspiration. Am I the only one who does that? Or do you all read and anticipate books because you know they will inspire you to work on that story of yours?

Also, I've been slowly collecting the entire trilogy. Just ordered Finale! And it's gonna be a signed copy. Supposedly a different cover too. I'm super excited.

The reason that I haven't started it yet. Is I haven't been ready to work on A Matter of Curiosity yet. See, it works both ways, my friends.


Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson



I read An Enchantment of Ravens by Rogerson and enjoyed it immensely, but I would be lying if I didn't admit that precisely 87% of the reason I want to read this book was because of the cover. Because seriously THAT COVER!!! 😍😍😍😍😍

Actually, that is all I have to say about this book. I liked her other book and the cover is gorgeous! Hope it doesn't disappoint.


Romanov by Nadine Brandes



I'm going to give you three very good reasons why this book is on this list.

Dancing bears...
Painted wings...
Things I almost remember...

Eh, you probably thought at least one of those reasons would be because Nadine flipping Brandes is writing the book, but nope nu-uh, you're wrong. That's just the cherry on top. Because I'm going to let you in a secret. You have just stumbled upon the biggest Anastasia fan on this side of the Pacific Ocean.

I am here, solely for Anastasia.

Nadine Brandes is a good author, even if I have still yet to read her original series. In fact, that should be listed above rather than Romanov because I own them and everything, but nope. Anastasia all the way!


Heartless by Marissa Meyer



I'm a loyal reader. If you write something I love then odds are I'm gonna want to read anything else that you've ever written. So, yes, I would be remiss if I didn't mention Heartless because Meyer won my heart over with her Lunar Chronicles series.

I've heard that this book is dark and tragic and I am there for that. That sounded slightly wrong didn't it?

Also, if I'm being completely honest, this is another book that I know will inspire me for A Matter of Curiosity. Especially since I'm going to have my own Queen of Hearts introduced in that book.


To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo



Excuse me while I hide from this book that is glaring at me because I have it literally sitting on my nightstand and I haven't started it yet.

A Matter of Curiosity isn't the only book that needs inspiration. I originally got this book out of the library with two other pirate-y books to help me in my writing of A Time of Trepidation, Pirates, and Lost Princesses. Those two books turned out to be bitter disappointments, so I'm really hoping that this book will make up for them.

Plus, The Little Mermaid retold with sirens? Psh, as if this mythology lover can pass that up.

Okay, now onto the tagging.

and

That's all for now folks. What do you think if these books? What's your most anticipated read of 2019? Comment below!

13 comments:

  1. STOP TAGGING ME DOGGONE IT! Although I guess I deserve it since two of the books on here are my fault...and one of them is a seven-book-series *whistles innocently*

    I NEED ROMANOV. I actually preordered it, which I never do, and I'm pretty excited to read it. I know next to nothing about Anastasia because I never saw the movie (if we need to not be friends anymore, I understand *cries*), but I love the actual history of World War I and the Bolshevik Revolution is fascinating so YEAH YOU BET I'M EXCITED XD

    I lowkey hated Heartless but I'm like the only person I know who did so. Ignore my opinion on that one. xD

    And I didn't actually love An Enchantment of Ravens, I mean it was fine but meh, but A SORCERY OF THORNS! IT LOOKS ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! And like, librarians and sorcerers and ACK! I'm debating preordering that one too xD

    And I don't even like Brigid Kemmerer! I've read two of her other book and I just? Don't get the hype? But I'M GONNA READ THIS ONE ANYWAY. MAYBE IT WILL CHANGE MY MIND. *shakes head* We'll see.

    Agh, now I actually WANT to do this beast. Thanks, Nicki. Thanks VERY much. xD

    Lovely post! And of course all your books are on my list *grabby fingers for A Matter of Curiosity*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *laughs evilly* But yeah, you do owe me. I will never forgive you for all of that shameless Keepers of the Lost Cities pushing *grumbles* I still have five books I need to find. FIVE BOOKS!

      I didn't actually preorder Romanov (my preorder money went to To Best the Boys whoopsies) but I'm hoping my mom will get it for review. *chokes* *cries* *dies* YOU'VE NEVER WHAT???? (oi, this needs to get remedied. Seriously. I don't tend to crush on guy cartoon characters, but I have two exceptions. Flynn Rider and Dmitri from Anastasia) But... but... the music!!!! I'm oddly obsessed with World War I too, but I actually have an intense dislike for the Bolshevik Revolution. I cannot stand what they did to the Romanovs which is probably why I like Anastasia retellings.

      Oh um... all right then *is now slightly concerned*

      Eh, I think probably 87% of the reason I enjoyed An Enchantment of Ravens so much was because I'd finally found a faerie book that was relatively clean. Plus Rook is Ravven's uncle, I have the blood works. You had me at librarians...

      I'd never even heard of her before A Curse So Dark and Lonely, so I have no idea how I'm going to like it, but I am 100% there for that cover.

      Mwahahaha!!! You are very much welcome ;P

      Thank you! *moves A Matter of Curiosity out of reach* you can't read that until the next two My Time in Amar books!

      Delete
    2. *laughs evilly at Faith being tagged again*

      This is what happens when you've never watched Anastasia.

      😜😜😜

      Delete
    3. Yeah, Faith, this is what happens. You're gonna have both Ivie and me coming after you. Of course, you'd better watch your back, Ivie my girl, as well. Or... have you seen Lord of the Rings yet *raises eyebrow with suspicion*

      Delete
    4. Yes, watch out, Ivie! We will ALLLLLL be coming for you on that one. ;)

      *hides under a bed* Okay, okay, okay, don't hurt me, please *sighs*

      Delete
  2. Yay, thanks for the tag, Nicki! :)

    I echo Faith: haha, yeah, I think I miiiiiight push KOTLC a bit too much.... *whispers* read it! ;)

    Ooo, yes, I think you’d love Heartless! It’s definitely *cough* tragic. . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! :)

      *glares at all of you* Thanks a lot. Now I want to meet Keefe and my library doesn't have the books...

      Haha, oh dear... *is scared*

      Delete
  3. Ooooh you did the taggg! :D I finished To Best The Boys about a week ago and ADORED IT. I'm SO EXCITED for you to read it and then we must fangirl.

    Also, I haven't replied to your email yet and it's been like... three weeks. *hides* I'M SO SORRY. I'll try to respond soooooon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss, thanks so much for tagging me :) I know, I saw it! I didn't read your review though because I was scared of any spoilers, but you rated it five stars and said something about Hunger Games and I AM THERE FOR THAT! There will be much fangirling.

      Lol, it's all right. I still have a reply to your letter on my desk that I wrote weeks and weeks ago. We are both so bad XD

      Delete
  4. You tagged me again, LOL!! Thank ya, I have a TON of books I'd love to put on this tag... I have an ARC of To Best the Boys and Romanov, and both are AMAZING. Also, you should TOTALLY try out KotLC-- middle grade or no. :P

    Speaking of tags... I tagged you!! Just Wednesday, actually. xP https://imperialscribis.wordpress.com/2019/03/13/wonderland-blog-tag/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well, you're welcome ;P I know, picking was so hard! *is totally jealous*. UGh, everyone keeps telling me that. If I don't find the first book soon I might just buy it off of Amazon.

      Awesome, thanks! *tries not to freak out over Alice in Wonderland* There will be many references to A Certain Sort of Madness

      I'll probably get to it soon since I decided that in March I would do my tags ;P

      Delete
  5. Girl. GIRL.

    You MUST read Heartless and Caraval ASAP. I have a feeling you are going to ADORE them. <3333 Especially Caraval, which seems really up your alley?? Idk, but it's SO GOOD. It's got the MOST PERFECT CIRCUS-Y VIBE AND I WAS UTTERLY ENCHANTED BY IT.

    And Heartless... IT'S EVEN BETTER. IT'S AMAZING. GAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

    Okay, I'm going to shut up now. I don't want to hype them too much for you, but GAH. I do like them QUITE a lot. Especially Heartless. <333

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm SOLD!!!

    Ugh, girl, way to make me want to read them more. I'm trying to save them until at least next month cause I'm thinking that A Matter of Curiosity will be my Camp NaNo project, but they're just sitting upstares in my room... waiting to be read...

    AGH!!!

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete