Friday, March 1, 2019

Farewell February// Birthday Book Haul

Spring is in the air. Or at least, it was earlier this month. It's a little cold right now, but at least the snow has been coming out more and the birds are returning. And now February is at a close, and technically it's March now, but I couldn't leave February without saying farewell.

Life

I turned nineteen which was... scary. I still think of myself as a kid even though I'm becoming a full fledged and responsible adult. Other than that, there isn't much to comment on. I worked, I drew a lot, and stayed up late way too often. My life is boring. Move along.

Blogging

So as many of you already know, almost the entirety of my blogging last month has been dedicated to fantasy. I've been trying out blogging on Wednesdays, and I think that worked out well. I've had every Wednesday this month off so I'm going to keep with the Wednesday blogging schedule. Also, I realized that I never really did anything to celebrate my starting my blog so I'm doing that now by doing a question and answer post. It will be at the beginning to April. You will be able to leave your questions in the comments of any blog post throughout the month of March.

Reading

I only read five books this month. They were the four books in the Black Mage series. It was so good, I'd already read First Year and Apprentice before but I finally finished the series. And wow, was it painful in the end.

And Seafire. Which I hated.



Writing

So, my writing this month has had its highs and lows. I realized that I wouldn't be able to publish A Winter Dark and Deadly in the amount of time that I had been hoping, which was disappointing of course, but I just want to thank you all for your support. It means so much to me. I also sent Of Gold and Iron to a publisher which was both terrifying and exciting. I also wrote a piece of flash fiction that was just under three thousand words, for this anthology contest. It's called A Chance at Death and honestly I wasn't expecting it to be quite as emotional as it was. I even drew a piece of art that I submitted with it. Hopefully I'll hear back in a few months with good news about that.

Finally, I didn't get much actual writing done outside of editing. I've been having a bit of a creative rut with my written projects. Therefore, I'm setting Here is There down for a little while and starting a new (or possibly two) new projects to try to pull myself out of that. I'm super excited about these new projects and maybe I'll announce them next Wednesday to give myself time to make certain that these are in fact the stories that I will be starting. Please keep in mind that editing my sequels and polishing Of Gold and Iron up for publication are still my main priorities, these are just side projects so that I don't forget how to write.

Birthday Books

But now, enough of the updates, I promised a birthday book haul and so a birthday book haul you will get. I was busy with February is Fantasy month so I didn't really have much of an opportunity to do this till now. I got a lot of books for my birthday and I'm super excited about all of them even if my bookshelf no longer has any space at all. So without further ado, here are the newest arrivals to my book family.


From my grandparents

Never even heard of this book before my birthday





Got first book at library sale











And that's it. A pretty good birthday book haul if I do say so myself. Ignore my bookshelf crying in the background.

Now it's your turn. How was your February? Have you read any of the books that I got for my birthday? What do you think of my idea to start a new project or two? Comment below!

15 comments:

  1. I don’t know if I told you this yes, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    (And can I put questions down here? It’s technically March.....)
    -Would you like to learn a foreign language? If so, which one?
    -What animal, real or fictional, would you want as a companion?
    -Do you like musicals? If so, which ones are your favorites?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy birthday, and absolutely you can put your questions here. Sheesh, those are hard questions... ;P

      Delete
  2. CHILD YOU HAVE THE BESTEST OF THE BEST BOOK HAULS! Strange AND the Deceiver's Heart? *screams with excitement* You better read all of these books and TELL ME HOW THEY ARE CHILD because I am so insanely hyped that you're reading them. *jumps up and down*

    I need time to think about what the questions I want to ask you are--so I'll definitely come back and ask them later ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW, I'M SO EXCITED TO READ EVERYTHING!!! My mom loves giving gifts and she loves books so you'd better believe that I get a lot of books. I WILL!!!

      Sure thing, you got all of the month of March ;P

      Delete
  3. Happy belated birthday to you Nicki! And I second Faith, you must submit reviews of these books - I'm highly curious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!! (I'm a horrible friend to have forgotten because I know you told me what day your birthday was and here it is, I forgot because I'm horrible.) ALL THOSE BOOKS THO!!!!!

    I hope you have a wonderful March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BETTER LATE THAN NEVER RIGHT??? (it's fine, I can't specifically remember when your birthday is either, it's in the summer right?) YESS ALL THE BOOKS!!! *bookshelf whimpers*

      You too!

      Delete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I reallllly enjoyed learning about ALL YOUR FEBRUARY THINGS. And to say the very least, that is a VERY nice haul. O_O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS!!! Yeah, February was a good month, I've always been a big fan of February. It is such a nice haul (my bookshelf doesn't think so those books are sitting on my desk chair until they find a home XD)

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday! And wow, those books look GORGEOUS. *runs to put some new books on my TBR* Also, I think starting a couple new projects is a great idea! Multiple story ideas can be very useful when you need to take a break. *looks at self* *cough* xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes they do, they look even better in person. Well I'm glad that you do. I tend to feel the same way, but I know that I have a lot of projects that I NEED to do which just adds to the stress and also makes the idea of writing a story just for fun very appealing... ;P

      Delete
  7. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly that love and read more on this topic. If possible, such as gain knowledge, would you mind updating your blog with additional information? It is very useful for me. the lost ways book review

    ReplyDelete
  8. Young boys have active imaginations, abundant energy, and a love for games. Once combined, these ingredients create an active and memorable boy's birthday party. Start the party off the right way by sending kid birthday invitations that are just as fun and energetic as your son. friend birthday shayari

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stimulating mushrooms, otherwise called magic mushrooms. As the name proposes, the indications.chocolates

    ReplyDelete