Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Meet My Characters: The Four

So I realized with all this talk of My Time in Amar that some of you haven't actually read it and have no idea who these characters are. So I thought that I would remedy that and introduce you to my main characters. Also known as the four.

Four saviors, summoned, shall come
But only three permitted to leave
Destined to save what is threatened by One
For if Amar falls, all shall grieve

They will journey to the Bextian Sea
Where they will seek an amulet gold
With it learn who my heir must be
Then return her to my kingdom of old.

A battle fought, a battle won
A war long waged comes to a close
Saved, a land that was once undone
But the journey will be filled with woes

Victory does not come without cost
A terrible price shall indeed be paid
To darkness one of the four will be lost
For goodness, light, and love to be saved

Alas, these four heroes who have been curst
With the weight of this terrible task
Right the wrong, destroy what is adverse
To save Amar is all that I ask

Now this story is told from different POVs so Chelsea isn't the only person who is talking in each of the excerpts so I'll be sure to list otherwise if it isn't Chelsea XD Also I meant to take this seriously but then I think Bobby took over the description of her friends so there is that.


Chelsea Welling- My Protagonist

Worries too much// Will die because of loyalty// Can't see the stars for the sky// Is the only practical one here and would like to point that out

"I'm from the twenty-freaking-first century, for crying out loud. I should be able to figure out how to open a dumb door. Locked or not."


"You have no idea who you are messing with,” I spit the words, but my voice lacks conviction. My heart pounds in my ears and my hands shake."


"I can’t believe that I just did that."


"Bobby groans and runs a hand down her face. “See this is the problem with you and Clint. You are both so dense.”
I sit up, feeling incensed. What does Clint even have anything to do with this?"



Clint Welling- The Brother

Dense as a forest//Sarcasm that could peel bark//I'm sorry it seemed like I was worried I was going through a phase//Could we all please stop taking this seriously

"Can you go any faster?” I ask, exasperated as Clint's steps turn into shuffles.
Well, I'm sorry, but I for one would actually like to live to graduation,” Clint snaps back. “And I'd like to be able to walk across that stage on my own two feet. Which in case you didn't know, is kind of hard to do with a broken neck.”" ~Bobby


""But after entering the forest (which I have decided to dub the Forbidden Forest- cue lighting and duh-duh-duh music), my horse decided that she didn’t want to go any further.
She’s probably smarter than I was, but that's beside the point."" ~Clint


 "Ow,” I grunt reaching my hand up to rub at my eyes.
Nice of you to finally wake up.”
Clint?” I turn my head to see my brother sitting next to me, but the light is starting to give me a migraine.
Who else would it be? Your other twin brother?”
I don’t have another twin brother, Clint,” I grumble, throwing my arm over my eyes.""


"Oh, wow, Clint. What happened to you?”
Clint glowers. “This is getting old.”"


Bobby Princeton- The Friend

Will punch you in the face as a sign of affection// Doesn't do feelings//Life is short but then you die// At least if we die together that means you don't outlive me

""I blow out a breath, cutting him off. “Trust me, Bobby is in no danger of having her reputation compromised.” I'd meant that she's perfectly capable of defending herself, but apparently she didn't interpret that way. And she must not have liked the way she interpreted it because she decides to use some of those defending skills on me.
Before I can blink, a fist slams into my nose. I cry out and fall backwards."" ~Clint


""Apparently there were a lot more pirates nearby. More than I could have reasonably fought off. Three surge forward and disconnect Clint’s and my manacles from the other prisoners before dragging us toward the door. They drag Clint because he is unconscious, and me because if they want to take me to the dungeons they will have to drag me every step of the way."" ~Bobby


""I would have given anything for them to not know how remarkably ordinary I am. I’d even briefly considered making up a power just so the others would think I was special. But it’s hard to put a cool twist on insomnia. Which seems to be the only thing I’ve gotten."" ~Bobby

""A second later Chelsea bobs to the surface, before sinking again. I dive in after Clint, ignoring the sheer stupidity of my actions. At least if we die we all die together.
Like one big jolly party where everyone dies."" ~Bobby


Easton Moncrief- Also a Friend (ignore those Chelston shippers, they are crazy XD)

Had a backup plan for my backup plan// Because the first plan was literal trash// Will die first// I will out-stubborn all of you

"All right,” Easton says, his voice is oddly breathy and strained. “I hope you’re ready.” Under his breath he mumbles. “Because I’m sure not.”"


"I don’t know what was going through your head that made you think that was a good idea but don’t you ever try it again.”
Easton’s eyebrows furrow. “Try what again?”
Any of it.”"



"And what will you do if I don’t?” I ask arching a brow. I want to cross my arms, but there isn’t actually enough distance between us. Suddenly I’m not breathing hard at all. Suddenly I’m having a hard time even drawing in a breath.
Easton is my friend, so why do I have to feel so attracted to him?
Something bad. Something very bad,” Easton says with a grin that tells me that he’s totally bluffing.
Easton Moncrief is not capable of doing anything bad."


"Did you even try to sleep?”
Easton smirks and shrugs unapologetic. “I was busy.”"


And there you have the four. If you want more aesthetics on them you can check out my Spotify Playlist for this series and my Pinterest Boards.

If you are interested in reading A Time of Trepidation, Pirates, and Lost Princesses before its September 1st release date you can sign up here. And also this is the last call for submissions for the Fan Art Contest which ends later this week. I will be announcing the winners next Wednesday so if you have anything to turn in now is your last chance to do it.

What did you think of the chance to meet these characters? Have you read A Week of Werewolves, Faeries, and Fancy Dresses yet? And because bets have been made and Clint and Bobby insist in knowing, who is your favorite of the four? Comment below!

6 comments:

  1. CHELSTON FOR LIFE!!!

    Ahem, beautiful post. The aesthetics are on POINT. Love this so much!! SO excited for the second book!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agh I love the four so much <333333333 (also why does Easton sound just like Derek about the sleep thing...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarcasm that could peel bark << YESSSSSS XD

    I love the four so muuuuuch. ALL THE SNIPPETS EEK. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhh I need to read this!! This was such a fun post and look at your characters! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of them! You always have such amazing characters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clint is the best! He is totally my fav. But, the others are cool, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete