Wednesday, August 28, 2019

My Top Six Animated Series

So... we're trying something different today. Actually we aren't even having a book related post. Instead I thought I would share my favorite animated series. I chose to do those first because I actually have clear favorites here unlike live action series and movies and books and such.

Anyway... without further ado some series that you absolutely have to watch:




Spectacular Spiderman

Maybe this show doesn't have the best animation (I think I heard somewhere that it was hand drawn? But I'm not sure). Starting up at the end of the summer Peter gets his powers, we don't have to watch Uncle Ben die, which is a plus. Instead we watch an idealistic Peter start school thinking that everything will be different... better. And realizes just how hard having super powers is. The proper blend of teen angst and struggles with responsibility, this is one of the best representations of Peter Parker yet.



This show has basically everything that was canon in the comics, from the relationship drama with Liz, Gwen, Black Cat, and MJ to the friendship issues with Harry. It has a lot of twists and turns and hilarious scenes. It also features backstories for the villains which include Venom, The Green Goblin, and The Sinister Six.


Unfortunately, this show was canceled to make room for The Ultimate Spiderman and leaves off on a terrible cliffhanger and nothing is certain for our heroes and antiheroes. Still I would recommend watching it because aren't all the best shows cancelled anyway?

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes



This one might just be my favorite animated show, obviously I love all of the shows listed here, but this one? This one is something special. Honestly this is the best Avengers you are ever gonna find, even over the MCU.

All is not just sass and joking around. The team dynamics on this show are amazing, characters are always shifting and changing. Some leaving, some joining. Everyone has a backstory, an arc, and a motive. Even the more side characters like Hawkeye and Black Panther get their moments in the spotlight. Seriously, if you are ever trying to figure out how to write team dynamics... WATCH THIS.


Also I just want to take a moment to scream over the ships!!! They weren't in every episode but they were in there enough to string you along. (especially Jan and Hank OTP material here people)


Bonus points to one of the catchiest theme songs ever. This series has strong overarching plots, and it wasn't technically cancelled so it comes to a satisfying conclusion (if you could count Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes ending as satisfying). However the last few episodes of season two are a bit rushed as the producers try to wrap everything up so that Avengers Assemble can steal the air space.


Justice League


One of the edgiest kid shows that I watched as a kid. I've been re-watching these now after buying the whole series and I still love them.


Another show with awesome team dynamics and ship worthy relationships. Dynamic dialogue and varied episodes, some are better than others, but I enjoy them all. This show features my precious Wonderbat and so I am definitely on board with that.


Also it has THE BEST Batman I have ever seen. This show is the reason Batman is my favorite DC Superhero. This show ran for two seasons and then was replaced by Justice League Unlimited which isn't as good as the original, and has way more side characters who I don't care about as much, but it still is good and features plenty of the original league to satisfy fans.


GI Joe Renegades


This ain't your mama's Cobra and this ain't your daddy's GI Joe. More modernized than the original this one has a much smaller group, which I appreciated since i always found the huge cast of the original to be maddeningly confusing. The thing I love about this is that they are on the run so each episode takes place in a different location. And you get to see how a team of practical strangers learns how to become a family and function under a great amount of pressure.


This show runs for two seasons and actually manages to not end on a cliffhanger, but it still has one of the most open love triangle resolutions in existence and it is MADDENING.



Star Wars the Clone Wars


The sass is strong with this one. Featuring many well known characters from the Prequel trilogy, this show takes place over the two years of the Clone Wars. I loved getting deeper into the dynamic of Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Padame. The episodes with those three and Ahsoka are honestly the best because there is so much sass and love and peril and all that jazz. You see a different side of Anakin in this and honestly this show is the sole reason I like Anakin Skywalker.

But I warn you, DO NOT EVER WATCH THIS SHOW BEFORE REVENGE OF THE SITH. You will be a blubbering mess. It isn't a pretty picture AT ALL.


I have a few ships, of course, but I think the best part about this show is actually the brotherly bond between Anakin and Obi-Wan and the fatherly love he has for Ashoka. This has like five seasons, each which gets progressively darker. I didn't like the fifth season very much and there were some subplots that got wonky. But still the first seasons are amazing and worth watching for sure.

Scooby Doo



No posts about animated series would be complete without my first love. This movie taught me how to ship (Fred and Daphne forever) and the gang is my family. The original series of course is the best, but I also have a special love for What's New Scooby Doo


So anyway that's my top six animated series. Have you seen any of these? What are your favorite animated series? Comment below!

13 comments:

  1. Eeek! I LOVE Scooby Doo! The gang is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. But then we are essentially the same person so no great surprise there XD

      Delete
  3. Earth's Mightiest Heroes is THE BEST. Like, perfect meme material and absolutely hilarious. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEP so glad to know another fan. It has some of the best memes ever that show was hilarious XD

      Delete
  4. This is such a fun idea for a post! I love it! I admit, I haven't seen most of these because I haven't seen most shows, but Clone Wars is very much a favorite <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! XD I did it on a whim so glad to see that it worked out. Clone Wars is great but you have to watch the rest... *glares at you*

      Delete
  5. SCOOBY DOO IS THE BEST!!!!!! But alas, I haven’t seen the rest of these, which makes me sad, because they all sound so good! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SCOOBY DOO IS AMAAAAZZIIINNGG you really should check them out sometime I find them extremely enjoyable even if I am older XD Thank you!

      Delete
  6. I remember watching Spectacular Spiderman when I was little! <3 BUT JUSTICE LEAGUE. OH MY WORD, JUSTICE LEAGUE WAS MY FAVORITE EVAAAAAAR. Now I feel nostalgic. :')

    Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nostalgia is strong with this one. JUSTICE LEAGUE IS SO GOOD LIKE WHY CAN'T THEY MAKE CARTOONS THAT GOOD NOWADAYS???? What do you think of Wonderbat btw???

      Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Nowadays I don't really care?? XD But I think I shipped them HARDCORE when I was watching the show!

      Delete