Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Amar Fanart Winners!

Last August I decided to hold a Fan Art contest for my series taking place in Amar. It was supposed to end in January of 2019 but I decided to extend it until August so that it ran for a full year. But now it has come to an end and it is time to select the winners.

However before that, a little about the contest to those only just learning about it. The rules and prizes were:

The rules:

  • The pictures must be of either characters or scenes of any of my Amar books I've written. That would include: A Week of Werewolves, Faeries, and Fancy Dresses; A Certain Sort of Madness; as well as any piratey things you want to draw from A Time of Trepidation, Pirates, and Lost Princesses. (no vulgar content is allowed; because that is obviously not in my books)
  • No payments required, submit as many pictures as you would like to boost your chances at winning.
  • Email your pictures to me at nicky(dot)chapelway(at)gmail(dot)com
  • The subject of your email should be "Amar Drawing Contest"
  • Submissions end on August 8th, 2019

The prizes:
First place will win signed copies of the first three of the My Time in Amar books. A Week of Werewolves, Faeries, and Fancy Dresses; A Time of Trepidation, Pirates, and Lost Princesses; and be one of the first to receive a copy of A Season of Subterfuge, Courtiers, and War Councils when it releasesThe will also have a character named and created off of them in A Season of Subterfuge, Courtiers, and War Councils.
On top of these two things, they will win a print of a picture where I drew of ALL OF my main teenage characters from both my Amar series (that I had up to that point, anyway).




Please don't mock the picture, I know I'm no artist, but I'm sure since it's the author's rendition it will be worth something in the future! When/if this series becomes famous XD


And I know that some of you are looking very closely at who is standing next to who. I know I would be. Just know that even if each of these relationships between the characters does happen at a certain point in the story, that doesn't mean that it stays that way forever. So don't get too excited *chuckles like the evil overlord I am*


The winner will also receive a paper copy of the official map of Amar:
Also drawn by moi

Second Place will win signed copies of both A Certain Sort of Madness and A Week of Werewolves, Faeires, and Fancy Dresses as well as their choice of either the map or a copy of the character drawing.
Third Place will win their choice of a signed copy of either A Certain Sort of Madness or A Week of Werewolves, Faeries, and Fancy Dresses as well as their choice of either the map or a copy of the character drawing.

Now I have had some great entries, and I could only have three winners. But you guys are all amazing artists.

Now onto the three winners...


Third Place: Winner of their choice of a signed copy of either A Certain Sort of Madness or A Week of Werewolves, Faeries, and Fancy Dresses as well as their choice of the map or a copy of the character drawing goes to...

...


...

...

R.F. Gammon!

Here is her winning entry of a alternate cover of sorts for A Certain Sort of Madness complete with Eugene trying to act sneaky and a killer plant:





And now...

Second Place: Winner of a copy of both A Certain Sort of Madness and A Week of Werewolves, Faeries, and Fancy Dresses as well as their choice of the map or a copy of the character drawing goes to...

...

...

...

I.F. Bellewoof!

Here is their winning entry of a portrait of baby Odysseys from A Week of Werewolves, Faeries and Fancy Dresses






And now...

First Place: Winner of copies of the first three My Time in Amar books as including a character modeled off of them in A Season of Subterfuge, Courtiers, and War Councils, as well as a copy of both the character art and the map. This prize goes to...

...

...

...

Annabelle White!!!

Here is the winning entry, a scene from the end of A Week of Werewolves, Faeries, and Fancy Dresses


I will contact the winners soon with details about your winnings.


Congrats to all! What did you all think of my first fan art contest? Should I try this again sometime? What do you think of the winning entries? Do you have a favorite? Comment below!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my wooooord these are so pretty *screams* I love the dress one!!!! AND Odysseus my word! *sobs* SO PRETTY I ADORE OKAY <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS FANART SO SO SO SO SO MUCH!!!!!! You should do another contest, and I will draw the best stick figure versions of your characters EVER and win some signed copies myself. XD XD XD

    Just kidding, I wouldn't spam you like that. ;P

    ReplyDelete