Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Something of a 2020 wrap up/2021 goals

(some pretties just because)

I'm not planning on doing a whole lot of wrapping up for 2020. It was a sucky year and honestly I don't want to relive most of it. So here is a brief summation focusing solely on the bright points of this year:


One of my best friends (Faith) got to visit me for a whole week this summer

I grew so much closer to afore mentioned friend, my other bestie (Lila) and my family over the harshness of this year, if anything it showed me what really matters and who is really there for you

I finally had time to start playing video games again (especially Skyrim) and discovered that my love of video games had not in fact diminished over the years

I discovered two of my favorite songs Bring Me Back to Life and Just One Yesterday which I then proceeded to listen to on repeat an inordinate number of times

I think I've really made a lot of progress in my art (which was one of my 2020 Goals so score there)

To illustrate here is a  group picture of some of my characters from one of my WIPs from earlier this year.


And here is a project I recently completed of my current WIP...


I also finally started digital art in the past couple of weeks, time will tell if I actually improve with that XD

I'm reading again? But I'm going to make that sound more like a question than a statement so I don't jinx myself

I learned a lot of lessons


I didn't do a whole lot of writing in the first half of this year, I think I only accomplished one of my 2020 writing goals. Stress burnt me out y'all, but over the course of the last half of the year I did manage to finally publish Of Gold and Iron and I started a new story called Rage Like the Gods that I am now 100k words into. I absolutely adore it and have so much more going on in that world right now and just really. I love this story.

My 2020 word of the year started out of as Thrive but yeah it ended up being more like Survive. Which I did. *weak cheers*


Well that's enough of 2020. Now to 2021


I'm not really going to hold onto a whole bunch of plans for 2021. Mostly my plan is to just:


Keep on steppin...


Continue to practice my art, read more, enjoy other hobbies like video games, follow my muse

And seriously, if I can get it through my thick skull, stress less.


For writing I have a slightly more mapped out plan. Loosely mapped out anyway...

It is to work on three WIPs those being:


Rage Like the Gods

An Assassin's Guide to the Gods

A Winter Dark and Deadly


I think three projects is a good stretch for me because I like having multiple projects in different stages it offers me variety when I'm hitting writer's block with one. But three projects is also much more manageable than say five projects.

When I finish RLtG and Assassin's Guide I plan on simply moving on to their sequels.

AWDAD is what I call my fast track to publishing, so instead of working on a series like I did for my other projects, when I finish this book I will move down to the next one I'm planning to publish. So after AWDAD I plan on doing Of Gold and Iron's book two Of Stars and Shadows. After OSaS will be SoS, after that MoC and on down the line and I guess we shall see how many of my backlogged projects I get done...

A year is a very long time to determine all of everything I will write so I'm keeping my schedule flexible and leaving room for new WIP ideas or possibly finally editing LoT who knows? I certainly don't.


My word of the year is probably going to be Regrow or something like that.


And that's all, bye, 2020, you won't be missed. I know a lot of people, possibly everyone had a really hard year, but I'm hoping that you also had a list of highlights. And that 2021 is kinder to us all.

4 comments:

  1. Best of luck with all your goals. Can't wait for Of Stars and Shadows!
    Digital art can be a lot of fun, I hope you like it. Which program are you using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Neither can I tbh OSaS is one of the three books I'm hoping to publish this year.

      So far I'm enjoying it XD still trying to figure out my favorite settings on it though. Currently I'm using Autodesk Sketchbook because it's free. If I get into it more maybe I'll consider buying a different program. What program do you use?

      Delete
  2. Visiting you was so amazing <3

    Your art is glorious and yes it has improved so much and I love it

    Also I can't wait to read what you've got coming this year so *grabby hands*

    Love you so much hon <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best part of the summer for sure, well right up there with playing Skyrim for the first time XD XD

      I couldn't believe how much it had developed just from March it was so encouraging to see that.

      I'm super excited for you to read it tooooo XD mwhahaha

      Love you back <3

      Delete