Sunday, December 27, 2020

Look I can explain... no wait... no I can't

 Sooooooo I'm sure of you have probably derived from the title of this post that I have decided to switch up my writing plans. Once again.

I'd blame New Years goals and resolutions, but honestly I just changed my mind XD

I'm sure some of you remember my post NaNo report where I said that I would be working on RLtG, SoS, and OSaS. Well I was right about one of those stories XD

I have a new plan now. It's a good plan too (says me the one who made said plan). I'm still working on RLtG (it's the book that stayed, although I'm sure you already could have guessed that given my obsession over this story).

The second story is why SoS and OSaS got pushed back to farther back into 2021, and that is because I decided that I really just wanted to publish A Winter Dark and Deadly first. Imma post more about that hopefully this January, I have a lot of new ideas that I can't wait to share, but that's not the purpose of this post.

This post is about the third story I shall be working on. An introduction to my new WIP. A WIP that takes place in the same world as RLtG, the first in a companion series, having nothing to do with being the chosen one. Or being very noble at all for that matter.


A book that is... well why don't you just read the blurb for yourself XD


An Assassin's Guide to the Gods

(images from Pinterest all credit to their original creators)


Once there was an inn, and it was the center of a criminal empire...

 

Elwis the Eel used to be a silver-tongued merchant with a penchant for the illegal. Now he is an assassin lord, a vampire, a necromancer, and a father. He has done questionable things to become what he is, and he will do worse to hold onto what is rightfully his. Even from the famed Thief Queen, a vampire herself who ruled a criminal empire a thousand years ago, and apparently is still alive after all this time.  All he wants is power… and maybe to rule the world, is that too much to ask?

 

Kylne wants nothing more than to make a peaceful life for herself. To settle in a small hut in the middle of nowhere with nothing more than her alchemical supplies and maybe a dog or two. Instead, she discovers two brothers driven from their home by the dark creatures known as vampires. They are willing to pay good money to get revenge on the monsters that stole everything from them. Money that Klyne could use to finally buy that better life she always dreamed of. So long as the brothers don’t accidentally get her killed first.

 

Balemila, or Mila to her friends if she has any left after making the infamous decision to become a Magicker rather than marry her fiancé, would settle for eternal fame. When she is hired by a mysterious wealthy lord to find the cure for vampirism, a task most believe to be impossible, she jumps at the chance. What she didn’t bargain for was to find herself falling for her employer, learning the truth behind his deadly secrets, or to become a vampire herself.

 

The hunt has begun. An assassin, a ranger, and a magicker, all locked in a deadly game, pitted against each other. There can only be one victor… or can there?



So story wise, it is a standalone (I've never actually written one of those yet, so that's pretty exciting). It's the first book in a trilogy, all standalones about different characters, but with connections between them.

The common factors of this series is vampirism and crime. It's definitely going to have a much darker undertone than it's cousin series RLtG.

Since this story takes place in Ruskhazar, of course I couldn't resist the opportunity to add tie ins, and even have main characters in this be side characters from the RLtG series.

Each book in this trilogy is about three main characters each. They are different characters each book, but all connected, mostly through Elwis the Eel. I decided I'd share all three books today, and share their blurbs, since they are standalones and so sharing book 2s blurb won't spoil too much of what happens in book 1, same for book 3. And also I spent forever on these blurbs and I'm mildly proud with how they turned out XD


An Immortal's Guide to Betraying the Gods

(images from Pinterest all credit to their original creators)


Once there was a queen of thieves, but then she lost everything…

 

Talmryn used to rule an empire of outcasts, a thousand years later she finds herself cruelly awakened in a new and strange world, mortal, but not helpless. She will retake her empire, but first she needs immortality. And Talmryn will only settle for the best. However, a masked stranger who appears to be looking for the same ancient bloodline as she is, quickly disrupts her plans as he appears everywhere she goes, and even threatens to steal her heart like the thief he is. And then there is the matter of her fiancé, a man she simply needs for his family heirloom and then she can kill him. But he seems to have different plans about his destiny.

 

Ragla has a new purpose in life; killing vampires. As a werewolf she is uniquely suited to hunt down the blood suckers and end their dark reign. She has lost so much, her pack, the man she once thought she would marry, everything she once believed. As a vampire hunter at least she has the chance to help innocents and fight for what is right. Joining forces with a mercenary with just as little to lose, she sets out to inflict a some pain on the creatures of night.

 

Jarena has a legacy to live up to. As the mortal daughter of an influential vampire lord and a powerful magicker, the world is at her fingertips. She can do anything, be anything she wants to be… the only problem is she has no idea what she wants. Her journey to self discovery takes a dangerous turn as she realizes that she is a little more vampire than she had first thought. Joined in her quest by a vampire girl with amnesia and an alchemist desperate to save his dying master, Jarena is going to have to figure out just what she is looking for or else risk losing it forever.

 

Immortality is complicated, especially when people are trying to kill you. The paths of these three girls are inexplicably entwined in a very deadly way. One the hunter, one the prey, and one the victim… but which is which?


A Lady's Guide to Defying the Gods

(images from Pinterest all credit to their original creators)


Once there was an assassin lord, and he had three daughters...

 

It wasn’t always easy being the daughter of Elwis the Eel, but he had given Corallin a home when the whole world turned its back on her. And she would do anything for him. Even apparently follow through with his crazy scheme to marry her off to a stranger. A mad stranger at that. A boy touched by magic and sorcery and driven to the brink of insanity because of it.

 

Worse things could be asked of Anya than marrying her best friend, the son of a wealthy merchant and business partner of her father’s, their marriage will secure Elwis the Eel’s hold over the shipping industry. And it will secure Anya’s happiness. Once her husband, Trefil will allow her to pursue her fascination with all things having to do with sorcery. Maybe she even loves him. But her fiancé is hiding something from her, something that may cost her everything.

 

Tamara is supposed to marry the heir to the Abakumov name, problem is she hasn’t decided which brother will be the heir. The older brother is kind, but the younger brother has a dark heart to match her own, and probably wouldn’t be opposed to stealing his brother’s fiancé, his inheritance, or his life. The only obstacle is the brothers’ magicker bodyguard who seems to be the only person to see beyond Tamara’s carefully crafted façade and to the vulnerable girl underneath.

 

Their husbands have been chosen for them, but when you are an assassin’s daughter, things are never so simple. True love, the sting of betrayal, or the bond between sisters… which is stronger?


And there you have it: An Assassin's Guide. I'm in love with how stabby these books are going to be, I can't wait to start book one with this new year. Or to share more about it later down the line. And for that matter I can't wait to share more about AWDAD as well...

10 comments:

  1. These books sound FANTASTIC, oh my goodness. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Heart Eyes* I can't wait for AWDAD! I missed Cedric and Elizabeth and I can't wait to get to see them again!

    And I'm so down for all three of these books! I mean, Wow, they look so good. Elwis the Eel just seems like the perfect villain, perfectly cunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I am VERY excited to get to more of my sassy dark prince and equally sassy princess of snow.

      I started off planning to just write a story about Elwis the Eel because he needed his story told because yes. He is cunning and evil and it's amazing XD but then everyone else was clamoring to get their stories told and next thing I knew I had another trilogy on my hands XD

      Delete
  3. Wow. Amazing. AND YOUVE GOT BLURBS. Like.... *is flabbergasted* I hate trying to write blurbs so much and then you just pulled out three THREE BLURBS.

    Also, standalones are kinda nice. From someone who usually writes plots that span through multiple books, it is nice to have it all wrapped up, more or less, in one single book.

    (That being said, my main standalone novel has recently been turned into a trilogy...help.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate having to write blurbs with such a passion, but I had half an idea for some blurbs for this and my best friend told me I had to write blurbs for these books (I suspect she had her own nefarious reasons for this) so I like dedicated an afternoon to crying and trying to get three blurbs out XD

      I too tend to write multiple book long series, the companion series to this is five books long, but I wanted to try something different and I have to admit the change in pace is quite refreshing.

      (oh my gosh that's the story of my life. My duology got turned into a trilogy help)

      Delete
  4. *is also in love with how stabby this series is*

    Write this. Yesterday. Tomorrow. I don't care when tbh. Just WRITE ITTTTT PLEASE *sobs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sits down to admire the absolute stabbiness of it all*

      *salutes* YES MA'AM

      Delete