Wednesday, December 23, 2020

One Hundred Thousand

 

(images from Pinterest, all credit to their original creators)

Folks, today is a very big day because today Rage Like the Gods has reached that ever monumental 100k. It's still going strong. I have no clue how long this story is going to be, so I guess we shall just have to wait and see.

So to celebrate I thought I would share some fun aesthetics and snippets as well as the title for book two.

But first I decided to actually make a go at writing a blurb. Which isn't exactly my favorite thing to do XD Especially not for my ginormous books, in fact I would actually describe trying to describe 100k+ books in less than 300 words as quite frankly torturous and honestly I have considered trad publishing just to get someone to write my blurb for me (jk but only slightly...). I know that some people offer services to do just that, but unfortunately I am dirt broke poor, which means I have to do my own dirty work.

But anyway here was my first attempt at writing a blurb for RLtG:

Ruskhazar is a land of mountains and magic; men and elves. And it is threatened by a dark evil. The dead are rising, commanded by a band of powerful necromancers. Things that should have stayed dead now roam free. If left unchallenged this necromantic army will only grow until nothing can stop it and the living fall to their own ancestors.

The gods have chosen their champions to stop this from happening.

Unfortunately, these champions are just strangers waking up in the same jail, with no memory of how they even got there.

 

A bandit turned assassin with nothing to fight for and no one to live for.

A bard willing to do what it takes to make it in this world, stealing hearts and coin purses as he goes.

A student whose only dream is to attend the Academy of Magickers before she is married off to a stranger for her father’s political gain.

An exile from another land, determined to make it in this new land by selling her sword arm until she has a chance to reclaim the honor she forfeited.

On their shoulders rests the future of Ruskhazar.

 

When an attack from an undead kraken sets them free, these chosen ones set out on their separate paths, unaware of each other’s presence. And unwilling to save a world that never had any place for them. Instead, they find a different fate. A second chance at life. Love worth fighting for. Monsters that come in many forms. And a mad sorceress determined to save the world no matter the cost.


Now the aesthetics and snippets! (all images are from Pinterest, credit goes to their original creators)


Meruna:


“Legend has it that this college holds every book ever written. Sometimes even the original tomes, penned straight from the author’s quill.” I run my hand across the worn covers of the nearest books. “Not just the books about magic. Or even books just written in Ruskhazar. For years faithful magickers have traveled the world in service of the college in order to find these books from other lands.”


"And it takes my breath away// what you do so naturally// you are the thunder and I am the lightning/ everything comes naturally// when you're with me baby." -Naturally by Selena Gomez

Eirik:


"I can explore a castle and court Sassa at the same time. I’m good at multitasking like that. For one I can woo a woman and save a village, sing a song and rob my patron blind. I can do bad things, for a good reason. And good things for a bad reason.

I’m the masked wolf.

I’m Eirik the bard.

And somewhere buried deep down, I’m a farmer’s son but I don’t like to talk about that."


"Mama said fulfill the prophecy// Be something greater// Go make a legacy// Manifest destiny// Shooting for the Stars when I couldn't make a killing// Didn't know how but I always had a feeling I was going to be that one in a million"- High Hopes by Panic! At The Disco


Thyre:

"Oh gods.

I was bitten by a werewolf."



"Sick of all these people talking// Sick of all this noise// And there's an old man sitting on a throne there saying that I probably shouldn't be so mean// Oh all these minutes passing sick of feeling used// if you wanna break these walls down you're gonna get bruised."- Castle The Huntsman: Winter's War Version by Halsey


Dagmy:


"My heart feels weighed down by this latest development, but I cannot allow myself to despair just yet. I make a silent vow to myself. If there is a way any way at all to restore my humanity then I will take it. A way that I do not have to wear an old mat on my head, or hide my face from the sun of all things.

I will kill for it."

"We just got to stop the flood before we lose it all and drown from fear// I've survived through rain storms, sandstorms, I fought the war// Now it's time to go home// It's time to go home." - Journey (Ready to Fly) by Natasha Blume


Azern:



“I wonder when the students will start dying.”


"The fire in my heart will burn me to the ground//I did my part I tried my best// the things I'm trying to protect// always shattering to pieces in the end"- Bring Me Back to Life by HT Bristol, Charlie Bannister, Vincent Steele, Nine One One




And because I made a specifically Hers collage above here is one for the fellas:

(images from Pinterest, all credit to their original creators)


(dis picture is actually mine, spent like three weeks on it)




And finally the title for book two (you thought I had forgotten didn't you?). Without further ado...

.
.
.
.
.
.
Rage Like the Gods book two...

.
.
.
.
.
.

Folly of the Gods

5 comments:

  1. AAAAAAAHHHHHH this book is so cool!!! All the epic characters eek *dies* Congrats on hitting 100k!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I'm going to say how much I love your blub! I just want to get to know all the characters. But it's the line towards the bottom that really grabs my attention. How the gods want them to save the world when the world has let them down so many times. So often in books we get a hero who has every reason to fight, but getting to see the flip side is very refreshing. Though I love heroes who have every reason to fight, I can't wait to see how you'll slowly give your heroes a reason.

    When I saw your snippet about Meruna, I knew I was going to like her. Her passion for the books at the college, YES!!!

    Okay, so Eirik, I have a soft spot for thief characters for some reason. And the fact that he can SING!!!

    Poor Thyre XD

    Dagmy, restore her faith in humanity people!

    Should we be concerned about Azern? XD

    AND THAT DRAWING!!! WOW!!! IT'S SO PRETTY!!! It's like a movie poster/comic book cover. Your characters are just amazing! And is that a kraken that I see on the right side of the page? Absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete