Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Shows that Deserved a Happy Ending

So I didn't post last Wednesday because I did two posts over the weekend. I do however have some updates as far as this blog goes. And that is that I will no longer be doing monthly wrap ups. My monthly wrap ups are now going to be bimonthly catch ups because frankly they were getting to be too tiresome to keep up with. So catch the August/September catch up at the end of this month ;P

Now onto the post...

I don't know about you guys but I have the notorious ability to find cancelled shows. Or maybe it is the TV programs who have the notorious ability to cancel good shows. Take this post as a warning, or if you love pain like me, as a list of shows you should watch next. (all pictures via Pinterest fyi)

Spectacular Spiderman



Spectacular Spiderman was the first show I ever lost. You do not want to know how many years of my young life I spent searching for Spectacular Spiderman season three only to finally learn. There was no season three. And of course it ended on a cliffhanger with our characters in some dicey waters and absolutely nothing resolved.

Timeless



A fun show with practical time travel (if there is ever such thing) and one of the best anti heroes of ever. I absolutely adored season one. They added a bunch of extra content in season two, so I wasn't too heartbroken when it was cancelled. But it would have ended on an absolutely awful cliffhanger if not for the fact that they made the ever glorious movie sequel. So for this one you will get a kind of sort of ending even if it was somewhat rushed.

Firefly



Space cowboys. Need I say more? Now I haven't actually finished watching this one, I've only seen some episodes, but I know that it ends on a cliffhanger. There is also a movie so hopefully I won't end up looking like this when everything is said and done



via GIPHY

Agent Carter



So... I'm not entirely sure why this show was cancelled. It seemed to be extremely popular, and about everyone's favorite sweetheart, doll, spy as she gets over Cap's disappearance. Featuring the ever lovable Jarvis and a crazy eccentric young Howard Stark it was a pretty good show. I would even be all right with the resolution if they didn't...

And this is a spoiler so don't read the next line if you don't want to

But if they hadn't FREAKING LEFT MY FAVORITE CHARACTER LYING ON THE GROUND WITH A BULLET HOLE IN HIS CHEST WHAT THE ACTUAL FLIP????

Now and Again



"Give me a sign! Blow me a kiss through space and time... We always want what we can't have." The theme song of this show pretty accurately describes my feelings for it now that it is gone. This is a bit of an older show (early 2000's or something or the sort) about Michael Wiseman who dies in a subway accident, but his brain is preserved and used in an experiment to engineer the perfect body. Now young and with almost super powers Michael "Newman" has to work for the government, he also has to give up all ties to the past, but he isn't quite ready to say goodbye to his daughter or widow. I /knew/ that it ended on a cliffhanger, but let's be honest this was the first show to do this to me since Spectacular Spiderman and I was not prepared for what they did to me.

Forever



Okay... this is the sorest of all the sore subjects. Randomly throughout the day I will just pause what I am doing and shout Henry! Because how dare they cancel this one? A cop show with a paranormal twist because what Police Detective Jo Martinez does not know is that Henry Morgan the coroner who helps her with cases is actually immortal. If he dies? He just comes back. He's been alive since like the 1700's or something. This was my favorite show (after Doctor Who of course which a league all its own) for a while, and it's cliffhanger is /survivable/ but only just barely and there are still 6,000 loose ends and I didn't want to leave behind these characters so yeah... sore, sore subject.

And while I would certainly recommend all of these shows if you are ready for the inevitable heartache, I do have to warn that a lot of them have content just so you know.

Anyway that's all for now. Have you ever had a show cancelled on you? Have you seen any of these? What book/show has had the worst cliffhanger you have ever come across. Comment below!

8 comments:

  1. *winces* Sounds like you've had a rough time of it. :P I'm pretty sure I watched the first part of the first episode of Forever YEARS ago, and I remember it being intriguing, but that's all I ever saw of it.

    Cliffhangers are ROUGH, man. *cries* I don't know much about Merlin's ending (obviously, because I hate spoilers), but I thiiiiink I saw that there was supposed to be a sixth season and it never happened??? So that's interesting. *gulps*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... I have a bit of bad luck when it comes to shows XD Forever is amazing *sobs forever* HEEEENNNNNRRRRYYYYY!!!!!!

      Oh snap O.o

      Delete
  2. OOF. I haven't seen any of these shows (but that's because Doctor Who is the ONLY show I've seen besides Clone Wars, haha, and can we TALK about the end of season 5 of that show? *breathes heavily*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to watch more shows, hon. Season five of Doctor Who or Clone Wars?

      Delete
    2. Clone Wars and I don't have time or a means of watching them *rolls eyes*

      Delete
  3. Firefly! It deserved more seasons! I love that show!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I have seen so far is amazing and I love everyone XD

      Delete
  4. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m impressed! Extremely useful info specially the last part I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this certain info for a long time. Thank you and good luck. 1337x

    ReplyDelete