Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Celebrating the Beginning of my Blog//Three Months Later...



So last month I started gathering questions to answer for the celebration of my blog and now you get your answers.

-Would you like to learn a foreign language? If so, which one? Yess! I want to learn so many foreign languages. I guess if I had to chose only one it would be German since that's where my ancestors are from. But I also really want to learn Spanish, Russian, and French to name a few...

-What animal, real or fictional, would you want as a companion? I'm going to go with just fictional for this question because if not, it's my dogs without a doubt. But I would really like to have a dragon (can I PLEASE have a dragon?). If I had to pick a specific dragon, I would go with Odysseus from My Time in Amar because he's awesome and would totally be my best friend.

-Do you like musicals? If so, which ones are your favorites? Of course, I LOVE musicals!!! My favorites would have to be The Phantom of the Opera and Wicked. Also Anastasia, though I prefer the cartoon version to the Broadway one.

-Which of your own male leads is your favorite? Okay, that's just mean, and you know it. My favorite of my male leads? But... but... I love them all.  If I had to choose just one, I guess it would be Cedric. Because I'm assuming that you mean male leads that I've actually written... if not, Dirk has always been my favorite.

-Which of the books you've written is your favorite? (and not future WIPs, the actual written ones that I've read or am waiting to read. Mwahahaha.) Wow, someone must have been taking their psycho pills before they decided to ask these questions *glares at person in question*. My favorite book that I've written? Well it's certainly not A Week of Werewolves, Faeries and Fancy Dresses or At Time of Trepidation, Pirates, and Lost Princesses just for the trouble that they put me through. Winter Cursed is just a novella as is A Winter Grim and Lonely and A Winter Dark and Deadly is over there in the "too much work" department. That leaves A Certain Sort of Madness and Of Gold and Iron, both were relatively easy to write and edit and I'm super proud of both of them, but I think I love the banter and family feeling of A Certain Sort of Madness just a little bit more than the tricky tricks of the fae. So A Certain Sort of Madness it is.


-What is your honest opinion of Tony Stark? I love him. Like, he is the me character in this franchise- 
minus him being a dude and a technological genius and super rich (second place goes to Peter Quill- we will drown out our pain and worries with music and jokes together, my son). Tony is just the character that I get. Now, I was team Captain America, but that was nothing against Tony. It's because I understand Tony that I chose Cap's team. Because I knew that Tony would be blinded by emotions and other people, Cap would do the right thing no matter what so knowing that I am more like Tony and how easy it is to be blinded by emotions I would side with Cap to have that strong moral center that keeps me from going too far. Still think that Cap should have let Tony get at least a few punches on Bucky. The guy did kill his mum.

-Who do YOU think is actually going to die in Endgame? (because I think the whole world who's interested has seen Infinity War now)- I think Tony definitely. I know, I know I just spent the past question raving about how much I love him, but yeah. He's gonna die. So probably is Captain America. And I wouldn't hold out for Thor either.


-What is your favorite Tales of Goldstone Wood book? So this may come as a surprise for some of you, but I'm not actually the hugest Tales of Goldstone Wood fan. Please don't lynch me! With that said, I have read the books up until Dragon Witch (then I set Dragon Witch aside because I was bored and I never picked the series up again). Starflower is definitely my favorite and Eanrin and Dame Imraldera is a ship that I will go down with to the very bottom of the ocean.

-What is the weirdest dream you've EVER had? (Because now you've got me wondering...xD) You did not know what you were asking when you asked that question. Everyone, buckle up, I'm going to take you on a wild ride. So I had this dream years ago back during the height of my zombie phobia and I guess the reason I liked this dream so much was because it was my first dream I had about zombies that didn't scare the stuffings out of me.


I dreamed that I was a black basketball player... and I was a dude. Coming from an uncoordinated white girl, that's enough to make this dream my weirdest, but we haven't even begun yet. We were also in the middle of the zombie apocalypse. No worries, though, because as you will recall, I was a skilled basketball player. And if you throw a basketball just right at a zombie's head you can knock it right off. I was a full blown zombie slayer with nothing but my old team's uniform, my sweatband, and my trusty basketball.

But that's still not all because I was also caught up in a vicious love triangle. On one hand, we have the love of my life, a blonde girl I'd known for some time and had even dated for a while... before she'd become a zombie that is. And on the other side we have this feisty Hispanic chick whose father lead the human resistance movement. My zombie girlfriend seemed to have retained some of her humanity, enough that she didn't attack me, but she was still a zombie. I wanted to find a cure for her, I remember that was my purpose in this dream so I went to meet up with the human resistance (killing a bunch of zombies along the way, I had a superior throwing arm), there I met the leader's daughter. She kinda had a crush on me from the start, but my heart was already taken. Anyway, we started working together to find a cure, we had just found a lead when the zombies all started attacking the base.

The leader told his daughter to take me and find the cure while he and the rest of his men held off the zombies in a vicious life and death game of dodge ball. I kept telling them that if my zombie girlfriend was one of the ones attacking that they couldn't attack her. I was, after all, trying to save her. But eventually we had to leave and I could only hope that she wasn't one of the zombies attacking. That's about the point that I woke up.

Sounds twisted and messed up right? So yeah, that was probably my weirdest dream. Though... I still wonder to this day if I could have found a cure for my zombie girlfriend or if I would have ended up killing her and staying with the freedom fighter.

I have another dream where I was a freedom fighter against the government who controlled zombies with my trusty allies Superman and Wonderwoman and my kid sister but the prize still has to go to the black basketball player dream.

-If you could visit one and only one storyworld, which would it be and why? Oof, that's a tough one. I'm probably going to have to go with Amar so I could meet my charries. And besides, as Alicia once said, everything is just more in Amar.


- What is your favorite fairytale (because I literally ask this to... every blogger who has a Q&A session)? Cinderella! I don't know why I love it so much, I don't even like the Disney Cartoon all that much, but man I do love Cinderella.

- What is one place, anywhere in the world outside your home country, that you would love to visit? Scotland. Anywhere in Great Britain, really, but Scotland primarily.


- What's your favorite foreign food (Italian, Russian, Korean, etc.)? I love Chinese food. I have nothing more to say there.


- What's your favorite (specific shade) color? Lol, so that's actually kind of funny because I don't have a favorite color. I have three. Purple, green, and blue and every shade that that counts as one of those three colors. I don't even want to say how many times my color code on my laptop has switched between these three colors.


If I had to pick just one I guess I would say sea green because it's kinda a combination of green and blue- two of my three.

- What are some popular fandoms you don't understand/are terrified of? Oh wow, this is a hard question because I'm actually part of a lot of fandoms. I guess I'm going to have to go with Downton Abbey. I was actually a part of this fandom for a while, but long story short after they killed off my favorite character (I cried, I actually cried. This was the first time I cried over a fictional death since Thorin) and sunk both my ships for that show, I now do not understand why people still like it.


Granny states my current feelings toward Downton Abbey beautifully
Though I also don't understand why people are into Avtar: The Last Airbender (to be fair, I've only seen the movie, maybe I would have liked it if I was allowed to watch the show)Voltron (I watched the first season or so of the original show and it was awful), or Anime (even though most of my friends irl have become obsessed with it).

- What would you give as an acrostic name poem for your favorite fictional character?


This is not only an extremely difficult question because I have to write a freaking poem, but also you're making me choose a favorite fictional character. Oof, so I love a ton of fictional characters (and we're not even getting into the ones that I created myself) but I'll give this one to Zachary Goode from Gallagher Girls because I seriously love him so much. Although, in hind sight, why does his name have to start with a freaking "Z"????

Zzzz- Are you laid back or acting?
Are you friend of foe
Choices are hard when you're around
How about you pick a side?

Gallagher Girl is what you say
Oh sometimes you get carried away
Of course, you are a spy
Despite being a Blackthorne Boy
Everyone deserves a happy ending

I'm actually kind of ridiculously proud of that poem so please no one bash it even if I could only manage to slip in one rhyme XD

Well, there you have it. You probably know more about me than you wish you did. These were all great questions everyone, even if some of them were particularly cruel!


Now I have some questions for you. What was your weirdest dream? What's a fandom that you dislike? What's your favorite fairy tale? Musical? Comment Below!

9 comments:

  1. Ugh. The Avatar: The Last Airbender Movie is a literal PIECE OF TRASH. The TV show, though . . . #unapologeticfangirl. It's definitely not for everyone, though. XD

    A fandom I dislike . . . I REALLY don't like the fandom for The School for Good and Evil. Buuuut, I also hate the book, so maybe that’s why. :)

    Yep, I totally agree that Cap and Tony are going to die in Endgame. (23 days? 22? until it’s released!)

    *cough* wow, that is an . . . interesting dream. It’s very specific, too. XD

    (hey, and that poem is actually really good!)

    Great post, Nicki! I loved reading your answers! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have A LOT of friends who are obsessed with the TV show. One of these days I'm gonna have to just watch it XD

      *hides the two School for Good and Evil books that I got from a library sale under my bed* They were like a buck for both of them and I've been curios about that series, please don't hate me! ;P

      And now it's already released, I have to wait until Monday though to see it! *cries* Almost there, almost there, almost there

      I don't often remember my dreams, but when I do, well my brain really goes all out.

      (well I'm glad that you liked it ;P)

      Thank you! I'm glad that you enjoyed it even if I am a little late in replying back.

      Delete
  2. love this post! ahhhh, Endgame...just bought my tickets yesterday & HOW IS IT ONLY 23 DAYS AWAY *screams*. and yes, #TeamCap all the way. and #TeamBucky (that should totally be a thing, xD).

    ooh, a fandom i dislike....probably Supernatural? the show freaks me out & it's disturbing.

    favorite musical....definitely Hamilton. ;)

    <3 <3 i love your poem! Zachary Goode <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh! Endgame!!! Only four days left until I see it! I'm only on Team Cap because it is morally the right side. I kinda have a little grudge against Bucky because he killed Tony's parents even though I know it wasn't his fault it's still a sore subject.

      *nods* That makes total sense.

      I haven't listened to that one yet. Some of the content is explicit so I'm not so sure about that one?

      Thank you! And all of the yeses <3 <3 <3 I love that Blackthorne boy so much.

      Delete
  3. Oh, goodness, I desperately needed that dream today. xD I was at the DMV stressing about my road test alllll morning, and reading that helped my nerves so much. I read it out loud to my mom and once she understood it was a dream she and I were both crying from laughter. Beuatimous.

    I honestly don't like most fandoms? Like, I'm definitely a fan, but I avoid the fandoms because they scare me. :/ Social anxiety?

    WICKED WICKED WICKED OR HAMILTON HAMILTON IS GOOD TOO and The Scarlet Pimpernel has obviously been an obsession of late... ;)

    TOOOOONNYYYYYY *sobs and huggles him* I don't want him to die! I'm not ready!!!!!

    I loved this post! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also: *smirks at you* You're welcome, dear. The psycho pills are delicious, you should try one sometime.

      Delete
    2. Lol, well glad that you appreciated my dream so much! I thought that you would probably find it amusing ;P

      I get that. I don't exactly count fandoms as the group of fans in that world, but simply as a universe that I am a fan of. Basically the only interaction that i have with most people inside of my fandoms is to look at the fanart they drew XD

      AHHH, all so good!I'm not sure about Hamilton though it says it has some explicit content?

      *cries even harder knowing that you now know what happens to him* I can't wait till Monday!!!

      Thanks!

      *grumbles under breath*

      Delete
  4. Your answers are awesome! I love Cinderella too, actually, even though I don't care for the Disney version either... maybe because it seems to have originated in China? xD

    Also, Chinese food rocks. Why, I eat it every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, glad that I'm not the only one. And here I just thought that I was weird XD I was about to say that I should write a Cinderella story set in China, but Marissa Meyer already beat me to it.

      Yasss, Chinese food.

      Delete