Sunday, December 4, 2022

An Announcement

You know, in the post where I discussed my Redheaded Stepchild and I ended it by saying that I wanted to release Leage of Thieves "soon"? Well, I was fuffing (a term my grandma uses for fibbing/bluffing).

You see, the fact of the matter is that I've actually already started releasing Leage of Thieves. What? How? When? Where? And sometimes, why?

I promise that all will be revealed very soon.

If you follow my newsletter, you probably already know this, but for the rest of you, I have an announcement to make.

I'm a Kindle Vella author now!

If you are unaware of what Kindle Vella is, it is a form of publishing that releases a story in an episodic format, basically an episode (chapter) a week. You as the readers, then get keys to unlock episodes and follow the story in real time.

As you've likely already figured out by now, yes, I've published League of Thieves on Kindle Vella. At this moment 9 episodes are live, you can read the first three for free at any time. I put up a new episode every Friday and I've been having so much fun finally sharing this story.


Four thieves. A dishonored soldier. A cocky smuggler. An assassin with a secret. And a vengeful jinni. It’s the heist that broke the world.

 

When Evona and her brother fail to retrieve the lamp they were hired to steal, they realize that they weren’t the only ones sent after the object. Now in over their heads, with their employer threatening to remove said heads for failing him and every guard thinking that they’ve stolen the lamp, Evona and her brother have one last chance to save themselves. They are given the task of tracking down the other thieves and stealing the lamp back. Aided in their journey by a disillusioned soldier turned mercenary and a smuggler who definitely can’t be trusted, they set sail to take the lamp back.

 

Damian and Creyn thought they were stealing a lamp, it turns out they were actually taking a jinni. One that claims she can lead them to the legendary treasure of the hidden palace Amun Hadir. They set out in search of the treasure, only to learn that they are being tracked and soon it becomes a race between the two groups of thieves to see who will be able to claim the treasure first.

 

Forty thieves, an assassin in disguise, and traps within ancient temples that have not been unearthed for a thousand years all stand in the way of these thieves. But unbeknownst to them all is that there’s a dark presence lurking in Amun Hadir, waiting for someone to free it so that it can unleash its malice on the world. Do they have what it takes to give up on the treasure they so desperately desire, or will their greed destroy the world?

 

The rollicking adventure of The Mummy meets the cunning heists of Six of Crows in this Middle Eastern inspired YA fantasy about thieves, monsters, and finding family. With hints of the tales of Aladdin and the Lamp and Sinbad, embark on this action-packed story about a group of antiheroes who must learn to care for more than just themselves.



League of Thieves | Kindle Vella (amazon.com)

This cover was designed by the wonderful CK Beggan. (she has her own Kindle Vella story going right now, for those of your who read spicier books)

And a special note for international readers, I realize that Kindle Vella isn't open to you, so I'm working on alternative publishing solutions for this that won't break any Kindle Vella agreements. I'll get back to you all soon on what I finally decide!

And finally, for those of you who are wondering when you will get to hold a physical copy in your hands, I'm planning on releasing it in print in 2024. Depending on how well received this is on Vella will determine if I publish the whole series through that or if the rest of the trilogy will go straight to print.

Well, I think that about covers everything. How surprised were you guys over this news? Will you be reading League of Thieves on Vella or waiting on a full release? Comment your thoughts below!

No comments:

Post a Comment