Monday, March 7, 2022

Where we stand with Amar


 So, this post is going up late... I had no time to write it ahead of time because EVERY spare second I've had since Thursday has gone to trying to finish editing A Season of Subterfuge, Courtiers, and War Councils. To be quite frankly honest, most of my time these past four weeks has been tied up with SoS, I don't even know when was the last time I played a video game...

(via Pinterest)

Anyway, before I turn on the TV and kill some innocent NPCs as a way of destressing, I thought I would share the very exciting news that I did in fact finish editing SoS, it's with an editor now and not my problem for approximately 31 days. It was 154,000 words long when I started editing it, and somehow grew to be 181,000 words despite the fact that I removed scenes and characters and shortened the timeframe of the story as a whole.

A Season of Subterfuge is off with an editor, MoC is finally finished, they both have covers, and if all goes according to plan they're going to be releasing this April and May (respectively).

It's crazy to actually have things happening in Amar after all this time. In 2019, after having written the first draft of A Season of Subterfuge, I took what was supposed to be a short break from working on stories set in Amar.

That break ended up lasting nearly two years.

But a few months ago I returned to the very first world I had ever created and my chaotic four. (here's a blog post introducing them that I wrote back when I was working on SoS). On top of that, I returned to my Alice in Wonderland themed duology also set in Amar, and for the past few months Amar has consumed my soul as I tried to wrap up these projects that I haven't touched in so long. Which is both a challenge and not, I'll admit I've forgotten these things. But also this world is a part of me and there are some things about it that I could never forget.


the Amar in question as drawn by yours truly

Heck, for all I know I'm rambling. Forgive me, my brain isn't currently working (I just got off from writing an epic climatic battle scene) so I'm going to stop trying to explain Amar or either of its two series, I'll save that post for a day I'm a bit more coherent.

Anyway, to celebrate my finishing editing SoS, I wanted to share this song with you. It would be the credit song to Season of Subterfuge if it was made into a movie... We Are Young

Also I have a very exciting Amar related announcement to share with you. The first My Time in Amar book A Week of Werewolves, Faeries, and Fancy Dresses is going to be releasing in audiobook very soon! The narrator for this story is extremely talented I just love all the different voices she has done.

Anyway, that's all I have to say today. I'm outa here...

(Via Pinterest)

1 comment: