Sunday, March 27, 2022

So it's Camp NaNo in less than a week, I suppose it's time I share what I will be working on

 


Well, summer is right around the corner, and it's high time that I get around to wrapping up my Norse story about Loki and Sigyn Harbinger of the End. So I've decided that is what I shall be working on.

I'll admit, I had hoped to be farther along in this story by now, but alas alack finishing SoS took longer than I thought it would. Fortunately, here we are, on the cusp of the April Camp NaNo so allow me to dust off my keyboard, and let's get writing.

My goal is to write 60,000 words in Harbinger. I think the 60k will be a nice stretch, I know I can do 50k in a month (heck if I'm really on a crunch I've been known to write 80k in 20 days, but I wouldn't really advise making a habit of THAT). Besides, if I write 60k that will put me very close to 80k which is what I'm guesstimating that the length of this novel will be (now bear in mind I also thought that AToGaG would be 80k and it ended up being 120k so I'm not always right on these guesstimations, lol), but either way it will get me much closer to being done with this book and I have every confidence that I will be able to have it wrapped up in early May if I can just get 60k done in April.


Words cannot express how excited I am to finally be able to hold this in my hands. Summer is so close and yet so far! But I suppose I should focus on actually finishing the tale first, eh?

What about you? Are you planning on doing Camp NaNo next month? If so what will your project be? Comment Below!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yay, I'm pretty excited myself to finish it up ;P

      Delete
  2. I'm FINALLY doing a CampNAno! I'm excited! Really just trying to finish this WIP. So, only 15k or so to go, I think.

    Your word counts are so inspiring. I do kind of wanna do full on NaNo come November... hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeep that is SUCH an exciting thing. Both doing NaNo and finishing up your WIP best of luck to you!

      Thank you, I hope I have inspired you to go and get that last 15k written. Doing a full NaNo is challenging, fun but challenging. If you ever need a writing partner for that though, you know where to find me ;P

      Delete