Sunday, July 11, 2021

Meet My Character: Dagmy of the Deserts

 

(Images via Pinterest, I take no credit for them)

Today's character is Dagmy the vampiric mercenary also from Rage Like the Gods.


That is the code of the sellswords. There is no code. Just one law, do not betray the person who hired you.

Tends to be bad for business.

Now the contracts that you take. What you can be hired to do. There are no limitations. There are no laws forbidding the unspeakable. We aren’t assassins per say but we could be hired to kill.

There is no honor in it.

There is no honor in me.

And someday I will regain my honor, buy it back with the blood of my enemies or the sweat of my brows, but today. Today I will settle for making a little gold and getting out of this city.


Personality-wise Dagmy is quiet, she is a woman of actions and believes that talking is often times a waste of time. She isn't much of a people person, much preferring her own solitude. She is a proud individual with great confidence in her abilities and little fear to speak of, however she does bear the weight of crippling shame for being exiled and that fuels her fierce desire to prove herself. She believes that stealing is morally wrong and a sign of a weak hearted coward. If you want something you must fight and kill for it, no easy way out.

ISTJ//Slytherine

Theme songs:

Journey (Ready To Fly)

Monster

Soldiers

Army

Dagmy has very poor luck indeed. Once she was part of a powerful and tightknit clan of mercenaries. Everyone feared them, they were considered some of the most powerful in all the desert lands that were once their home, and Dagmy took great pride in her heritage. However when faced with the choice of dying with honor or living without it she chose the latter, believing that if given the chance she could reclaim what was once hers.


There wasn’t an ounce of honor in these lands. I could not even count my own because I had lost it. But I am hoping that a land so devoid of honorable men is just the place for me to reclaim my own.


Now exiled from her homeland she finds herself in Ruskhazar, a land where water is not scarce and yet it is still just as much a struggle to survive. Now instead of the oppressive heat of the desert, Dagmy finds herself having to cope with the cold of the mountains. In the place of rival clans she now finds herself against monsters. However, she is convinced that one way that Ruskhazar and her homeland are in common is that a show of might and military prowess will earn her the respect that she deserves. Instead she finds herself bitten by a vampire, a creature she did not even know exist, and an outcast in her new home. Cursed to avoid daylight and always thirst for blood, Dagmy will never be able to return to the deserts or reclaim her honor unless she finds a cure for her affliction.


This is terrible, I came here as a last resort, but I came here strong and healthy and capable of handling anything thrown at me.

Now I am a creature that shrivels in the daylight.


Her darker side is that often times her preferred solitude can become loneliness and she won't notice. Also the fact that she has no compunction with killing or beating up someone for money.

However Hakon the mercenary she hired to aid her in her quest to regain her honor, and his giant, telepathic dog Garth will at least keep her from getting too lonely. She can't shake either obstinate talkative fool no matter how hard she tries and believe me she has. As for killing well... they oftentimes argue over which is more deadly: magic, swords, or fangs.


Garth seems like any other dog, loyal, and obedient to us of all people, I cannot fathom why he chose us, but choose us he did. He could possibly be a powerful ally. Perhaps Hakon was not wrong to adopt the mutt. Still, I don’t want it meddling through my thoughts.

Dark and lonely as they may be, at least they are mine.


2 comments:

  1. I feel for her. Sounds like a fascinating character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes indeed, Dagmy has quite a bad time of it doesn't it. Still, I admire how she doesn't let it break her

      Delete