Wednesday, October 2, 2019

August/September- Bimonthly Catch-up

Life

Honestly I don't even know why I have this section since literally nothing happens to me outside of my literary adventures XD My blogging schedule got a little spotty because someone somehow ended up stealing my time (if found report them) but coming up I will try to be more steady coming up and get back on my schedule*

*I said that and literally lost power for over twelve hours and that is why this blogpost is late so... something happened yayyyy *cries forever*

Reading


Always by Jody Hedlund
5 Stars
Prequel//Babies//Nuns

Evermore by Jody Hedlund
5 Stars
Lost Queen//Ancient Treasure//Battles

Foremost by Jody Hedlund
5 Stars
Childhood Friends//Labyrinth//Edmund My Love
Lady Smoke by Laura Sebastian
3 Stars
Unnecessary Love Triangle//Unnecessary Content//Unnecessarily Long

Fairest Son by H.S.J. Williams
4 Stars
Faeries//Snow White//Beautiful Art


Television

I watch way too much TV, and normally this section is super long so I only selected three because I am late as is XD

Rise of the Guardians


I watched this because a friend recommended it to me. And I certainly really enjoyed it so thanks, Lila ;P I must say I was surprised, this isn't Dreamworks' usual cartoon, it was a little more serious than the bumbling Mega Mind or the tongue in cheek Puss in Boots. Maybe a little closer to the line of How to Train Your Dragon? All the same an enjoyable film.


The X-Files


Can I just say that I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS SHOW!!!!! We're almost to the end of season one and already I am hooked. I love Fox Mulder with all my heart  (I've decided that he is an INTP like me and you will not convince me otherwise XD)and also Dana and also everything and AH! I am not coherent when it comes to the X-Files ASDFGHJKL. Current obsession for sure.

Poldark



I am sure that many of you know of my extreme weakness of Period Dramas. I have seen many. But perhaps my favorite period drama is Poldark and so I am both excited, terrified, and disappointed that this will be their final season. I only watched one episode of Season Five (and can I just say O.o), but I did rewatch two previous episodes from the earlier seasons.

Art

Again, not everything that I drew in the past few months, but some of those are spoilers so shhh...

I know you probably already saw this one but it took me the longest so I thought I would include it again XD
From a Steampunk story I wrote a little while ago, it features the two most Cinnamon Roll characters I will ever write

Cedric and Lizzie up to their old tricks XD

From Jennifer Nielsen's The Traitor's Game

Two undisclosed characters from R.F. Gammon's book


I started painting some and so far have done two artworks:



As of yet far I have only done acrylic though I hope to add some watercolors to the mix. Also October is Inktober and I'm actually going to try it out :O so expect a whole lot more art updates to come...


Writing

September 1st I finally published Time of Trepidation after many long hours of laboring over it. Since then I have been feverishly working on book three A Season of Subterfuge, Courtiers, and War Councils. I've reached 50k and while I am ridiculously excited about that... we are nowhere close to reaching "The End". Maybe I can say I am a third of the way through. Maybe? I fully realize now that this is going to be one beast of a book.

I started brainstorming several stories that will as of right now remain unknown, but I do plan to announce a new project this month.

I also published two Havok stories these past two months. And another is on its way so stay tuned in October for when Crown of Daisies comes out.

That's all for today, thanks for stopping by. How has you August and September been? Comment below?

5 comments:

  1. Ahhhh yes girl you're SO feverishly working on that book and you are SlAYING it. You're doing amazing. Keep up the fantastic work, I know you can finish that thing <3

    The reading list looks lovely ;) Now if only Evermore could just GET HERE...*grumbles loudly* And ToT of course. I needs my copy. Stop being late, Amazon :'(

    Ohhoooohooo the new projects ;) ;) ;)

    "Undisclosed characters" mkay well they're beautiful but why

    The Amar drawing *heart eyes*

    Lovely post, darling <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. RISE OF THE GUARDIANS!!!! *screaming* I barely know anyone who has seen it. XD I’m so happy you liked it!

    And congrats in advance on publishing another Havok story! (And for publishing ToT, of course - I can’t wait to pick it up!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ANOTHER RISE OF THE GUARDIANS FAN???!!! *also screaming*

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited you liked Rise of the Guardians, you would not believe. XD

    50k into SoS??? Girl, you are a writing MACHINE. *cheers you on* Yay for literary behemoths!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. X-files is amazing! Oh, and loved The Fairest Son!!!

    Best of luck with the writing!

    ReplyDelete