Monday, August 1, 2022

So, I haven't Talked About My Gameplan Lately...



Whelp, so the good news is that I do in fact have a gameplan.

The downside to that is that it is an extremely ambitious gameplan. Which I suppose is entirely advantageous for you because it means more books.

Okay so here's the deal. I plan on releasing ten books next year. Yup, that's right, I said ten. That will almost double the number of books I currently have out.

But notice that I didn't say publish? Well, there's a reason for that. You see, I'm actually going to be releasing a couple of my projects through Kindle Vella. I'm very curious to try out this new platform. Not to worry, the books I release through Kindle Vella will be published just like all the rest... eventually. But for the time being, they'll only be available through Kindle Vella. These are stories that I haven't introduced yet, but never fear! The next couple of posts on this blog will be about those books.

Another book of mine I'm actually going to be querying. I don't know if that will go anywhere or if I'm just going to decide that indie publishing is the best route like I did for Of Gold and Iron, but I'm very excited to see where this story will go. I'm not going to say anything about it at this point because I do enjoy an air of mystery, however, if you've been following my writing closely for the past few years you probably already know what it is. It's the one that's been sitting on my hard drive collecting dust for the past four years. Hopefully it will be seeing the light of day very soon. Next year even...

That's still seven books though that I will be publishing in my regular fashion. To break it down, we have the final Of Dreams and Nightmares and My Time in Amar books. The first two books in the Apprentice of Death Series that I announced at the end of May in this post here (in case you missed it). The first book in a planned trilogy that I won't be officially announcing for a little while yet.

And then finally, two books which will be set in Ruskhazar (I'm going to spoil myself a bit and admit that one of the Kindle Vella stories will also be set in Ruskhazar so I'll actually be releasing three books in this world next year). The two Ruskhazar books I'll be publishing are Folly of Gods the sequel to Rage Like the Gods and The Gods Created Monsters which will be my first release of 2023.

And yeah, that is... a lot of books to say the least. But I'm pretty excited to stretch myself in this manner. I've already finished writing all of the books that I'm going to be releasing this year, and now the rest of the year is dedicated to writing next year's books. I've already finished one of them (the one I want to querry which I actually wrote in 2018). I'm maybe about halfway done with TGCM (unfortunately I didn't manage to finish it all up during NaNo... boo), I'll be focusing on finishing that over these next couple of weeks. Then after that I'm starting An Apprentice of Death. I'll also be working on my Kindle Vella projects on the side and hopefully get a good chunk of one done and perhaps all of the other before next year (they will be released in episodes so the whole story does not have to be done by the time I start releasing them—although I would like to have at least one done so I only have to worry about writing one in weekly terms). Over the fall I plan on working on that secret first book in a trilogy project.

Then early next year I'll start Of Dawn and Fire and An Apprentice of Death book 2. Then I'll be focusing on Folly of the Gods and An Era of Evil since I don't plan on releasing those until November and December respectively.

So ultimately, I would very much like to have at least five of next year's releases done by the end of this year. And a couple already started and partly through before we get into 2023.

At least, that's my current gameplan anyway.

Which of my books is your most anticipated release? Is it getting confusing with me having so many secret projects? Don't worry, after these next couple of weeks, I'll be down to one secret project and one "mystery" (but already revealed it's just been a few years since I've really talked about it) projects. As always, I love to hear from you. Comment below!

2 comments:

  1. GAH!!!! These plans sound amazing! I'm honesty super excited for "Of Dawn and Fire" and "An Era of Evil". And I have been really curious about "The Gods created Monsters" because of the title and from all that I have been hearing about it. BUT TEN BOOKSSSS GIRL!!!! Are you sure that you are not some immortal AI trying to take over the world?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm both so excited and kinda dreading finishing up those series. I don't know what I'll do with myself when I'm done telling Chelsea's, Easton's, Jaye's, and Ravven's stories.

    I think you're going to really like The Gods Created Monsters.

    If I were, I wouldn't admit to it ;P

    ReplyDelete