Tuesday, March 30, 2021

There has been the slightest, tiniest, minutest tweak to the last change of plans

(images via Pinterest)


Okay so maybe that last post was a little premature. I waited to publish it for like a week in case I changed my mind on working on To Dance With Monsters, turns out what I needed to wait was a week and three days.

It isn't exactly that I've decided to not write it. Because of course I'm going to write it someday. It isn't even that I'm saying I'm not going to write it this year. That I haven't decided yet.

I left room in my writing schedule to start one unplanned project in 2021. All of my other projects have been mapped out this year, but I have room for one more. And I'm just not sure if TDWM is going to be that one project that comes in and sweeps me away and I sell my soul to like RLtG was for me last year (honestly it still is very much my passion project I love Ruskhazar with my whole heart but now the difference is, it is actually a planned project, I'm even publishing its prequel novella in less than two months!). So yeah, I'm pulling back on TDWM because I realized I wasn't sure it was going to be that one unplanned project. I have a few other story ideas bouncing around in my brain that are warring with TDWM for WIP supremacy. Honestly I don't have a clue which will win, I suppose only time will tell.

Heck, if I'm still this undecided when the time draws near to start the dang project I might actually put it up to a poll to see what you the reader would like to see the most.

(images via Pinterest)


But for now... it's one day until NaNo. So here is my new and revised NaNo goal:

65,000 words or more

Four projects whose progress will all be counted toward this goal

It's slightly more of a word count than traditional NaNo but divided (probably knowing me, unevenly) across four projects instead of just the one

So we shall see how far we actually get in any of them and which projects I end up writing the most in (my money is on AWDAD, but sometimes I surprise myself)

The projects are as follows:

A Winter Dark and Deadly

Rage Like the Gods

An Immortal's Guide to Betraying the Gods

Of Stars and Shadows


(images via Pinterest)


Yes indeed I am finally starting Of Stars and Shadows again, and not waiting till AWDAD is finished before I do it either. I figured while I worked to try and figure out what this ever elusive unplanned WIP will be, I could in the very least get some words pounded out on OGaI's sequel seeing as it needs to get written before this October.

Anyway, hopefully this is the last change of NaNo plans, seeing as NaNo is tomorrow. But I think it will be. These four projects are stories that I both want and need to write and have well established plots already. I'm particularly excited to get back into writing Immortal's Guide and OSaS.

(images via Pinterest)

As I said in the last post I shall try to keep you up to date on these now four projects through next month. I'm excited to see how far I will get in these stories.


What about you? Are you doing NaNo, if so I would love to hear about your projects. Which of these four projects are you anticipating the most? Comment Below!

2 comments: