Thursday, March 25, 2021

Psyche there has been a change of plans, but I'm sure that none of your are surprised at this point

Okay so first of all, I just realized that most of the titles of my last several posts all had the term "in which" in them. So I labeled the moment when I noticed that "In which I realized that I like in which too much" XD

So yeah...

But anyway, I'm sure you guys are probably wondering what the change of plans is. No worries, Between Gods and Demigods is still getting published, A Winter Dark and Deadly is still getting edited, and Rage Like the Gods is still getting written.

Just maybe not by May for the latter two.

I started thinking about how May would look and I realized a scary thing. If I plowed through both RLtG and AWDAD in this month then come May I would be starting RLtG book two Folly of the Gods and Of Stars of Shadows. I had always been intending to pick up another project in May once Between Gods and Demigods was published. That would leave me with three brand new stories, four counting Immortal's Guide.

And then I realized that absolutely all of my current projects would be under 20k words long and I would probably die.

(the one I would be farthest along in currently is OSaS, but that is only 11k long)

So you better believe I pumped the brakes and reexamined my goals, and worked toward figuring out how to avert this crisis. (because I very much did not want to lose the remaining bit of sanity I had left).

 I decided that trying to finish RLtG and AWDAD at the same time was not the best idea. And since AWDAD is the next book after Between Gods and Demigods that needs to be published I'm afraid that is going to be my key focus (honestly I haven't blogged about it for a little while but it is coming along so nicely and I can't believe I am saying that after all the trouble this story has given me, but it really is developing very well and I'm very excited for what comes next). This is purely conjecture at this point but my soft goal (and one that I think is quite reasonable) is to have it done by June. 

Focusing on AWDAD means not trying to write 110k in a month and a half, at least not in RLtG. I'm still going to be working on it, just not putting so much energy into trying to finish it and get it wrapped up (I am extremely eager for book two but I must wait for now and I suppose this is what I get for writing such a long book)

What then will my Camp NaNo project be? Because honestly, I would be slightly worried that I was kidnapped by aliens and replaced by a bot or shapeshifter if I skipped a NaNo (and for future reference you should be too). I just love the challenge of doing them so much.

Well that is phase two of the plan to not go completely insane. Since I have already finished all of the edits I can currently do on Between Gods and Demigods I have decided to pick up the project I was going to start in May. Early. That way I will be farther along in it when I do start OSaS and FoTG instead of starting three projects at roughly the same time.

My NaNo goal is to write about 65k in my three projects RLtG, AWDAD, and this new story (and to be fair in AWDAD's case it will be editing those words not writing them)

So... what is this new project, you are probably wondering?

I'm so glad you asked.

(images via Pinterest)

It's actually a story I came up with in 2019, but never fully fleshed out so I put it down till a later date to work on. Apparently this is that later date.

It's called To Dance With Monsters and it's a Little Red Riding Hood fantasy horror novel. The first in a duology. I have a blurb so you can read what it is about yourself.


With one touch Amber Dearg could kill a grown man. It’s an unfortunate curse that has plagued her since she was a young child. Due to her abnormality, Amber has lived as an outcast with her mother and grandmother as her only forms of human contact since her father abandoned them. She provides for the three of them by means of common thievery. Pinching a coin purse, swiping a loaf of bread. You name it, Amber has done it. But when a trip out of town goes awry, she finds herself face to face with a werewolf and captured by the king’s men.

Taken to a manor in the middle of nowhere, Amber discovers that it is a safe haven for others like her, the Magic Touched. Young people born with magic in a world where it is banned. The powers of the Magic Touched may vary but one thing rings true for them all… they’re barely human.

Amber doesn’t trust that this manor is the home for the lost that it seems to be. Someone appears to be trying to force these children to embrace their feral abilities. Madness is only a breath away from them all. Then there is her fellow inmate Gavin, a self-professing werewolf, who only complicates matters with his secrets. The clock is ticking down until the werewolf awakens again. When it does Amber will be more than just a victim of circumstance. This time she’s its target.

Who can you trust when everyone is a monster?


So there you have it, a brief introduction to To Dance With Monsters and a change in plans. I shall try to keep you all appraised of the progress I am making in all three of my stories next month. Good luck! And happy NaNo-ing (for those of you doing it of course)

2 comments:

  1. To Dance With Monsters sounds amazing! Almost gives me New Mutants vibes it wasn't great, but I loved the premise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've never seen New Mutants XD but I have to admit the X-Men and Rogue especially did play a rather big role in the inspiration of this book

      Delete