Friday, February 26, 2021

My Writing Schedule//In which you realize that I don't have any super powers

(images via Pinterest)


"How many WIPs are you working on?" you ask. "One? Two?"

You see the look on my face and feel the blood drain from your own. "Three?" you ask in a hoarse whisper.

Well, I say suddenly dropping all quotation marks and returning to my regular blogging style. I'm sort of working on closer to five... no sorry, six. Forgot about that one.

Yup, six WIPs. Actually they are nice and evenly organized, like so see:

Two editing projects

Two first drafts

Two novellas

Now before you think I have some sort of super human ability, I am not working on all of these at once. I have a writing schedule that I'm working to stick to, in order to balance all of these projects. But before we discuss my schedule let's talk about what these projects even are.


The two writing projects are as you probably guessed it, Rage Like the Gods (sitting at around 110k and still going very very strong) and An Immortal's Guide to Betraying the Gods which is a newer project so the word count isn't overly inflated on that one (yet)

The novellas are Between Gods and Demigods and a sort of super hero story that I'm working on as part of a multi author series which I have yet to fully announce. Now these two don't actually make it onto my schedule because Between Gods and Demigods is actually already written and is waiting to be edited. And the other novella is in the process of being brain stormed.

The editing projects actually have the majority of my attention, as you will see in the schedule below. They are A Winter Dark and Deadly (which I'm about halfway through editing), and League of Thieves, a project I wrote back in 2018 that has been sitting on my hard drive since. I decided to finally crack it open and polish it up to try querying it to trad publishers hopefully this year. I will 100% have to do a post featuring League of Thieves very soon, where I finally say what it is about and introduce you all to my disaster children. But for now here is the schedule that I use to try to get me to balance all of these writing projects:


Monday: A Winter Dark and Deadly

Tuesday: either Rage Like the Gods or An Immortal's Guide to Defying the Gods

Wednesday: either Rage Like the Gods or An Immortal's Guide to Defying the Gods

Thursday: either Rage Like the Gods or An Immortal's Guide to Defying the Gods

Friday: A Winter Dark and Deadly

Saturday: League of Thieves

Sunday: League of Thieves


And that's basically it, I'm still working out the kinks and trying to figure out if I start writing at different times I will be able to do more than one project a day, but for now this is the schedule that I have and I'm sticking to it.

2 comments:

  1. I still think your superhuman. XD
    I usually work on two stories at a time. My brain can't handle any more than that. And I find the characters can start to bleed together if I do more than that. So six is really impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww well you may be right XD
      I suppose that one of the perks of having a big old plate of spaghetti noodles for a brain is that I have so many different strands all at once and all I have to do is unravel them and once I unravel them they are separate strands entirely from each other XD Or does that analogy not make sense? Idk, two stories is still very impressive and working on fewer stories allows more opportunities for TLC

      Delete