Thursday, February 18, 2021

Introducing the characters of An Immortal's Guide to Betraying the Gods// In which I pretend that there is no book one

(images from Pinterest)


 Now don't get me wrong, I love An Assassin's Guide to Cheating the Gods with my whole heart and it is going to be an extremely stabby bloody brilliant book revolving around a character that I straight up don't know how to classify. Too good to be a straight up villain, but perhaps too unrepentantly bad to be an antihero or hero. Oh yes that book will be very fun to write, and did I mention bloody?

Because like vampires.

But for the time being, the sequel is actually the story that has my interest and that I am working on writing regularly (alongside RLtG and AWDAD, one of these days I am going to have to write about my weekly writing schedule and how I juggle working on all these WIPs but before I do that I am going to have to announce the other WIP I am currently working on in secret and before you cry out in horror "WAIT YOU ARE WORKING ON ANOTHER WIP???" I would like to remind you that it is a secret so shhhh...)

This trilogy (which now has a name, that name being Blood of the Gods) is uniquely suited for me to be able to follow my muse and work on the sequel first

those unique factors are...

1.) An Immortal's Guide to Betraying the Gods has an entirely different cast of characters than are in An Assassin's Guide to Cheating the Gods. In fact this book takes place more than twenty years and four RLtG books after the events of Assassin's Guide. Which means that very little of its plot has even anything to do with Assassin's Guide. This independence from each other's plots is why I consider these books more of standalones even though they are all a part of the Blood of the Gods trilogy. (as a side note it does have a lot of connections with books 3 and 4 of RLtG including some of the main characters being introduced in those books, but I already know those connections so I can incorporate them as I go)

2.) None of the books in the Blood of the Gods trilogy have a set release date I have to work towards. I plan on releasing them eventually, but RLtG book one is not even out yet. So I have time to work on them casually and even out of order due to the fact that the first factor is a thing


Phew. For those of you who weren't following here is the brutally abridged version: I'm currently working on Blood of the Gods book 2: An Immortal's Guide to Betraying the Gods

And here are the characters...

(all images below are from Pinterest, all rights to their creators I take no credit for them)

Talmryn

POV character number one//Half elf//Accidentally slept for a thousand years//Reformed vampire who actually wants to be a vampire again so I guess that means she isn't actually reformed//Was The Queen of Thieves once and she will do it again




Rhysaff

It's a deadly business being Talmryn's fiancé but someone has to do it// Has two emotions smugness and amusement and that's it//Is such a rebel that he became a  law abiding Magicker instead of an illegal sorcerer just because his parents didn't want him to



Ragla

Second POV character//I hunt vampires, what's your super power?// I'm not a werewolf because I have anger issues, I have anger issues because I am a werewolf//My best friend stole my boyfriend but I'm cool with it they're actually really cute together



Jolfric

Be a mercenary they said, it will be fun they said//Do not ask me how I lost my eye, I will cry//I act tough for someone who will literally agree to anything you suggest without argument//My brother stole the woman I love from me and I'm not okay with it even if they are cute together




Varenich

Third POV character// Ragla's baby brother all grown up and off to save his sister// Actual proof of how nice guys finish last// It's his own dang fault why is every one of his goals utterly impossible//Was originally only a side character but I loved him too much//Is actually perfect



Irina

Legitimately the sassiest person to walk the earth// Still is somehow sweet though// The gods knew I was too powerful which is why they took my memory// Seriously though, I have no memory but I think I've been around for a while// Thank goodness for vampirism right?


Jarena

I used to be a POV character until I was reduced to The Best Friend//But I am a super great best friend//My parents are from An Assassin's Guide//I'm considered a bit eccentric but everyone loves me anyway





Demetri

I could have been a Magicker but then I thought why not just brew potions all day instead//My genius is usually misunderstood so it's a good thing I'm cute // I would literally cross the world for those who are dear to me


And those are the main characters from An Immortal's Guide. I consider this the book where the secondary characters get their own stories because five of the characters listed above are actually introduced over the course of the RLtG series. Now technically due to my character sorting system Jarena and Demetri are actually side characters themselves, but since they were originally going to be main characters (until Varenich stole the show in all of his perfectness) and this book doesn't have a whole lot of other side characters to begin with I thought I would include them here.

I will do an Assassin's Guide post introducing the characters once I start working on it more steadily (same for book 3, A Lady's Guide). For now, here is An Immortal's Guide to Betraying the Gods. Yes it is book two. No, book one isn't written yet. BUT I'M WORKING ON IT ANYWAY. And yes, I'm having a crazy amount of fun with these crazy characters. As evidenced by the fact that this was supposed to be a serious post, but well it wasn't.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so curious about your weekly writing schedule, because I have no idea how you do it.

    All of these characters sound fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely have to do that post soon then!

      Thank you, they are quite troublesome, but I love them anyway XD

      Delete