Friday, November 22, 2019

The Shared WIP Tag Week Four: Side Characters// in which I have too many of them and love them more than I should

So I have to admit that I am pretty excited for this week's topic. Because if you guys know anything about me it is that I love side characters too much. It's a problem because I tend to spend more time on them than even my own main characters and end up writing six spin offs about them XD But anyway today we are focusing on the side characters in DFTS and... well I have a lot. Because this book is sort of a family drama a lot of them are related.


-If you had to go on a mission with any of your SCs, which one(s) would you pick?

Um so I would probably pick Astra's older sister Penelope and Penelope's fiance Dr. Collin Arnold. While I honestly wouldn't want to go anywhere without the resident zombie slayer (Edgar, but because he is a MC that is not currently available to me), I think these two would be a good substitute. They are an amazing team, both extremely intelligent (between the three of us we may figure out how to think ourselves out of getting eaten) Penelope in a more practical and outcunning way and Collin in a by the book way. Plus he is a doctor so we are covered if any of us are injured. Also due to Collin's natural good nature, I know that they would not leave me behind if the going went rough.

-Which of your side characters attempts to steal attention from the MC the most?

For this question I am going to go with Henry Hearth, Edgar's amiable cousin, and also Thomas, Astra's younger brother. Both gentlemen are very outgoing and talkative on top of being good friends. The first time I was writing this book it was essentially Thomas and Henry doing all the talking and having a jolly good time while Astra and Edgar glared at each other in the background.

-Which SC would annoy you the most and which one would you bond with the most?

I would probably be annoyed with Shannon, Astra's youngest sister the most girl is unnecessarily dramatic and I'm just like plz stop. And bond with oh, surprisingly Sedgewick, the middle Dempshire brother. He is such a grump and genuinely hates everyone and I just. I relate because also secretly he loves everyone even though he hates them. It's complicated and we don't talk about it.

-Which SC would you be most attracted to, romantically or platonically?

Romantically? Collin for sure, I have almost as big of a crush on this soft, smart, and quiet character as I do on Edgar himself. Platonically? Oh Henry that dude is legitimately the nicest person I have ever written he is amazing.

-Would you fit in with your SCs collectively, or would they not be your type of friend group?

Actually I feel like I would? Because they are such a large eclectic group that I think that there is enough personality that I would fit in really well. Henry and Thomas will make sure that everyone is included and I think that I would have a lot of fun just hanging out with Penelope and Collin and then there are the people who no one likes and everyone just sorts of tolerates and that is honestly the way all of my friend groups were so yeah...

-If your SCs are not all friends, what would result if you were to thrust them together as a group and assign them an activity?

Like not all of them are friends, for instance everyone hates Sedgewick, but especially Miranda and those two wouldn't stop army to get anything done. Henry and Thomas would spend the whole time trying to make peace and Collin and Penelope probably decided to go off and just do the project. By Shannon probably sabotaged it somehow and probably the whole thing is just on fire to be honest.

-Which SC would fit into our world the most?

Probably Miranda, Astra's best friend, she is very forward thinking and progressive and I think she would just have a blast in the 21st century.

-Which SC makes you laugh the most?

Henry, this dude is a good conversationalist, he is very charming and makes me chuckle.

-Which SC could probably get removed without affecting much of the story?

That would unfortunately be Richard, the eldest of the Dempshire siblings, and his family. He is already happily married and making a life for himself so is actually in this book very little.

-Which SC could never get removed because of how important their role is?

*inhaled deeply* *releases screech* HEEEEENNNNNRRRRYYYYYYY

I don't think I can properly stress how much I love this dude. But also Collin who is suddenly insanely important and integral to the plot even though he didn't even exist when this draft started.

but anyway I hope that is a relatively good introduction to my unruly cast. As far a NaNo is going I made it to 10k *dies*



Lila: https://lilakimswriter.blogspot.com/
Julian: juliandaventrymemories.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. You and your Henrys smh

    Okay so also could you just finish this story so I can read it plz and thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't wait to meet Henry. XD

    THIS BOOK SOUNDS SO GOOOOOOOOD. I mean, naturally. It's a Nicki book. But ya know. They all sound so good in different wayyyyys. I don't even like zombie books and I need this in my life. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your answer to the last question is hilarious! XD

    ReplyDelete