Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Dreamworld Duology Book Reviews

I'm totally not doing this because I forgot to write any other post *shifty eyes* or because I forgot to do this last month when I actually read these books *coughs uncontrollably*

Obviously I am doing this because I am consciously aware of the fact that I hardly ever post reviews on this blog and am making an effort to change that. *nods* Yes that is definitely what it is*

*A note for the reader: that is not at all what it was


But anyway this week I will be sharing two reviews for a couple of books that I read last month. They are young adult fantasy romance having to do with dream worlds so if you like any of those things I recommend them to you.

Book 1: All That We See of Seem
Rating: 4 stars


Review:

So... I gotta say this wasn't what I was expecting at all. I will fully admit that I was expecting adventure with a dash of romance, but what I found was romance with a dash of adventure.

A very interesting thing about this story was that it almost seemed like two stories. One about Reeve awake and one about her asleep. It was somewhat jarring, but still really interesting. The description was great, a little over the top in some areas, but it really brought both these world's to life.

Reeve as a heroine was annoying. She was desperately naive and borderline stupid. Honestly I couldn't stand her, over emotional ninny. Her grudge against her poor brother was stupid, she never thought that there would ever be any consequences for her actions, and she ignored the glaring facts that were right before her eyes. So many times reading this book I was shaking my head at her. However the other characters more than made up for her faults.

There is a love triangle of sorts, and honestly it is really confusing because I liked both the guys and that doesn't happen for me. When love triangles are involved,because I am an aggressive shipper, I pick my favorite and hate the other forever. But with this book I couldn't pick a favorite.

Bran was a sweetheart, and I loved him. Though there were some cases where I was wondering what the heckers he was thinking. He wasn't as dumb as Reeve, but he did get pretty close. I probably ship him and Reeve more not because of anything against Arden but simply because he's the one I think she is going to end up with.

Arden stole my heart. I probably should not have liked him so much because he is a scoundrel, but let me say, I appreciated his cool head and his ability to be emotionless. Quite refreshing compared to the emotions of Reece and Bran. Also he made me laugh quite often. I wish I could ship him with Reeve but I don't like to set myself up for disappointment.

Her guards were the best characters, not going to lie. They had my heart from the start.

Content:

Somewhat more than I had been expecting. There is some language which was surprising since I thought this was a Christian publisher? But then, I may have been wrong. There are also innuendos. There isn't too much violence but the violence there is, is described very acutely.

Not the story I was expecting but still an entertaining one. I looked forward to seeing what happens next.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher, I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions are my own.




Boot 2 A Dream Within a Dream
Rating: 4 stars

Review:

I'm just going to start off by making googly eyes at that cover.

This book broke me. Not because of anything too offensively horrible to the characters. But the romance broke me. Not because it was an absolutely awful romance, or a tragic one. But because it had two romances, each equally good. And it was a love triangle. And my shipper mind didn't know what to do.

I think I'm team Bran???? I mean, he is really sweet and loyal. I still shook my head at many things he did, but he's still lovable even if he is aggravating.

But also, Arden. How he always calls her "wife" and "love" and is willing to become a better person for her. The person who took his heart off of a shelf only to get it dented. I'm crying for him.

Reeve is a somewhat better person in this book than she was in the last, but it was still painful waiting for her to come to realizations that I'd already come to in book one.

I loved the concept of the hidden world and how that all worked out, that was really interesting. The ending was somewhat anticlimactic, though. And while most of the description was really quite beautiful, there were parts were it seemed completely unnecessary and other parts where it was just weird. Get rid of all the flowery language and I think this book would be only a hundred pages. A hundred and fifty at most.

Content:
Some mild language, including one instance of a word that I wouldn't count as "mild" language. Innuendos and overly described violence.

All the same, a good conclusion to an extremely different series.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to give a positive review. All opinions are my own.




Completely unrelated to the books but as I was downloading A Dream Within a Dream's cover it was labeled under it's initials ADWAD and for a second I thought that I was putting on the wrong cover because AWDAD is A Winter Dark and Deadly and I almost thought that I was putting that cover up instead. So then I thought why not include it in this post so at least it will be pretty to look at because I failed to add any aesthetics to this blog post.


Oh well, that is all I've got for today. What do you guys think about me doing more book review blog posts? Do you even like book review posts? What do you think about these books? Comment below!

8 comments:

  1. Ooo, these books sound interesting! I might try them sometime, although I’m not a fan of the love triangle part. -_- Oh, well, nothing's perfect. ;)

    Great reviews, Nicki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might like this series, I'm not a fan of love triangles. The guy characters sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *gulps* Those covers. They are beautiful. I wanna believe the story inside is just as gorgeous, but that miiiiight be wishing for too much. XD

    These books DO sound good, though! Great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound like interesting books, and I see why you thought Reeve was annoying I don't like when heroines act like that either, too bad that they didn't make her strong instead of naive.
    Anyway, I might check out A Dream Within Doom since it sounds interesting,
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it. Really very useful tips are provided here. Thank you so much. Keep up the good works. review

    ReplyDelete
  6. Appreciate it for this post, I am a big big fan of this website would like to proceed updated. see here now

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is really a good review. Recently finished it. Awesome story line. it is true that there is limited books for the online and device readers. They have to go piracy to read the book. Writers and publication can try to follow the hybrid publishing to open other doors for the readers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is actually the kind of information I have been trying to find. Thank you for writing this information. buy google reviews

    ReplyDelete