Sunday, May 8, 2022

Honestea Tag

Okay, so Sky tagged me to do Nie's Honestea Tag. So you have them to thank (or blame) for the fact that I'm going to have to be brutally honest in this post.


THE RULES


no lies allowed. if an answer is too shameful to expose you may substitute the answer with a gif/image of someone drinking tea.
e. g. → 

(via Pinterest)


there are optional bonus additions to questions but these are not for the faint of heart. if you complete the tag having answered every question + the bonus additions (no gifs used), you are dubbed a certified tea chugger, and you deserve a badge to show the world that you are not afraid of a steaming hot cup of TRUTH. tag at least one other person (a tea party with just one is not very fun. trust me.) untagged persons are more than welcome to fill it out as well (nothing cooler than crashing a tea party). 


 THE QUESTIONS

what is a 'bad' (generally disliked) movie that you actually love?

Twilight and no I will not be taking any criticisms. I watched it with my mom and sister not long after it came out so I was either eight or nine, for Christmas one year my mom took me to see New Moon in the theaters, and ever since then those have been my comfort movies.

what is your most shocking reading habit?

The fact that I don't read, lol. I call myself a reader, but I'm lucky to finish a book in a month. Actually, it's April and I have yet to finish reading a single novel this year (in my defense the book I'm currently reading is 600 pages long, but still...)

tell us the number one lie you write in your posts.

That I'm going to be working on whatever story I'm talking about. I talk all about it and then turn around and work on something else.

tell us the worst character name you've ever thought up. {bonus: share a character name you find ridiculous in a book/movie}

Her name is Autumn Spring-Frost Summers, and yes, her name is remaining that way because her parents apparently hate her.

As for a ridiculous name I would say Aspen from the Selection Series (I nicknamed him Snake-Tooth because his name makes me think equally of the asp and Aspen Dental). Although America from the same series is really not much better.

what is the real reason you procrastinate writing your work in progress?

Because I don't actually know what is going to happen next. Ah, the pains of being a panster.

what is a genre of music you secretly love?

I wouldn't say that I really keep my taste in music a secret, it's very vague, very specific, and I am very loyal to it. But I suppose a genre that you would be surprised to hear I enjoy are Disney Princess Soundtracks. I've always enjoyed them, when I was younger I even set out to memorize the lyrics of all the songs starting with The Little Mermaid and Aladdin and working my way down. Needless to say that anytime a princess song comes on at work (which is quite often, I work with young girls) I'm belting those songs.

if you're a plotter, what do you really think of pansters? and if you're a panster, what do you really think of plotters?

I'm a panster and I think plotters have their lives together. I mean if they can figure out what they are writing before they write it then they really must have it all together.

share at least three lines of dialogue from one of your first writing projects {bonus: give us the good stuff. your most gruesome butchering of the English language)

My very first writing projects are buried under my bed and in my old computer's hard drive and extremely difficult to locate. So, I'll settle for the very first draft of WoW (which was written back in 2014 so bear in mind that it is very old and that you should respect your elders)


I smiled despite myself.  Easton’s reaction had been priceless.

Margareta had forced me to wait outside the hall for a couple of minutes with her.  She assured me that we were being fashionable.  In my personal opinion we weren't being fashionable.  No, we were being tortured: smelling the food and hearing the people eating it, and yet unable to join in, because a girl you just met insists on arriving fashionably late.

“Can we go in yet?”  I asked pressing my hand over my stomach.

“Do you want to impress Philip or not?” Margareta asked fiddling with her hair.

No not really, I would rather just eat.  “How is starving ourselves going to impress anybody- except maybe Gandhi, of course.”

“Who?” Margareta stopped fiddling with her hair and raised her eyebrows at me.

Oh, yeah right.  She didn’t know who he was. “Nobody.”


I can only full body shudder at the repressed memories of what this book once looked like.

tell us the title & artist of the last song you listened to. 

I'm literally listening to music while I'm writing this but the last song I listened to before answering this question was:

Where Do We Go by Lindsey Stirling and Carah Faye

which beloved book/movie character do you dislike & why?

Kylo Ren from the Disney Star Wars movies. I don't believe I have to tell you why. To be honest, I have a really hard time understanding why anyone would even like him. He is whiny, rude, not even a good villain with terrible motivation, but he also commits patricide in his free time so is he really an anti-hero? No, no he isn't.

(via Pinterest)


tell us the title & topic of a post you have left in draft. 

Introducing My New WIP (in which I will finally spill the beans about one of my secret projects but I keep putting it off because I'm not currently actually working on it so now isn't a good time to announce it anyway)

what is a book you pretend you've read/would like to read but know you never will? {bonus: share a time when claiming you've read a classic/well known book didn't end well}

Six of Crows like on one hand it looks fantastic. On the other hand the content. So I always say, "oh yeah I really want to read it" knowing full well that I probably never will.

I don't claim to read things that I haven't read so I don't really have an example for this.

tell us the title & topic of the most embarrassing post you've ever written. {bonus: include. the. link.}

Not me over here introducing and hyping up books that I'm not even sure I'm going to write anymore...

The blog's titles were: The Question of Dust and Fate// Meet My Cast and Introducing My New WIP

And the links:

Whoops and Double Whoops

(also don't worry, the Scarlet Pimpernel retelling is still going to definitely get written, now Remember Me This Time on the other hand... that's a different story altogether)


Okay whew, that was painful. Okay, I'm tagging Jes and Grace and really anyone who wants to subject themselves to this.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, poor Autumn, getting named after the four seasons XD

    Somehow I had either missed the two posts that you mention or I had forgotten about them. But I think that you should definitely write "Red Like Blood and Flowers" someday ;) It looks so interesting!

    (and maybe "The Question of Dust and Fate". I saw dragons on the Pinterest board on your post, and you know how dragons are my sweet spot. But you know, only write this one after all the others XD)

    Thank you so much for tagging me! I love all your answers and the tag looks so fun! I'll try to get to it after I write the review post for "Traitor's Game". =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn will be fine. Her name is definitely the least of her issues (plus her siblings' names are Luna Solar-Star Summers and Augustus Octavius-Julius Summers so she probably lucked out). I definitely plan on writing it someday, just not right now.

      (I honestly don't know if I'll write tQoDaF all I know is that if I do it's going to be entirely different than it used to be. The dragon was becuase one of my characters shapeshifted into a dragon, definitely a cool element but not one that needs to remain exclusive to that story.)

      You're welcome! I can't wait to see your answers. Oooh a review for Traitor's Game??? That's one of my faves, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on that one.

      Delete