Sunday, January 2, 2022

Looking to 2022: My New Goals

A conglomerated mess of collages of my current WIPs
(all images via Pinterest, I take no credit for them)




Well, all right then. Apparently, it's 2022. Which now leaves me in the awkward predicament of trying to figure out what I'm going to do with myself for another year. So here we go, as per tradition I shall set a bunch of goals that I shall struggle to accomplish for the next twelve months so that at the end of the year I can laugh at what unrealistic expectations I had.

Life:

In terms of life goals, we have no life goals. I mean technically, yes of course I have life goals, but I don't really have a list of things I want to accomplish this year to get there. I have a job I enjoy; I already eat pretty healthy... etc. There isn't really anything about myself that I feel the express need to call out and change. So, I guess for this I would say, keep on keeping on, and continue winging it because so far it has worked out for me.

Oh, and idk, maybe find an exercise regimen that works for me.

My word for 2022 is: CREATE

Hobbies:

Mainly my focus will be on my art this year, I want to keep drawing, keep practicing and getting better. I want to get back to digital art and give that another go, and just as a whole develop my craft.

I want to open up a Redbubble shop for my art and my books and my art for my books (maybe this should have been in my life goals? I don't know, all I know is that the reason I haven't opened it yet is because I feel like I haven't created enough things worth opening a Redbubble shop for, so it technically hinges on my art goals)

I don't need any help setting goals for video games or watching TV. Hehe...

And I guess I'll try to read a book or two (in loving memory of my attention span, 2008-2018)

Writing:

This is by far where I have my biggest and most complicated goals. I've divided it into three categories to help keep it from getting too messy and confusing

Writing: In 2021 I wrote over 600,000 words so I figure to stretch myself in 2022 I'll aim for 700,000-800,000. I don't really know, let's just see how it turns out. However, in terms of my specific goals I have...

Folly of the Gods (book one was 300,000 so we'll go with that for this one too)

The Gods Created Monsters (I doubt it will be longer than 130,000 words) 

The last half of A Matter of Curiosity (probably about 50,000 words)

Harbinger of the End (it will probably be around 115,000 words long, that's like a ballpark guess because I have no idea how long it will actually be)

Writing an as of yet unannounced project that I plan on releasing in 2023 which is the first book in a NA dark academia fantasy trilogy feat. enemies to lovers (I have no clue how long it will be, but let's say 80,000)

A Winter Bright and Burning (I doubt it will be anywhere as long as AWDAD was, let's go with 100,000 words)

Of Dawn and Fire (probably about 115,000 words long like book one was)

Other than Harbinger of the End and A Matter of Curiosity, all of these projects are the books I want to release in 2023, so I probably don't have to write all of them this year. However, I've been trying to work on books that I want to publish in the next year. To help me publish multiple stories in the next year.

Editing: In the past, editing has been a chore, although the past several books I've edited, I've actually quite enjoyed working on so maybe we're entering a new era where I actually enjoy editing. With all that said, here are the books I need to edit this year

A Tale of Gods and Glory (only the very final stages left to do) 

Rage Like the Gods (without a doubt going to be my biggest editing project this year, it's the longest book and it has the most that needs to be changed)

A Season of Subterfuge, Courtiers, and War Councils (halfway edited)

A Matter of Curiosity (also halfway edited)

Harbinger of the End

League of Thieves (I'm unsure if I will actually be able to get this story done this year, the books I'm actually planning to publish in 2022 take precedence, but gosh I hope to squeeze it in)

I also want to at least start on some of my 2023 projects to help lighten the load for when that year comes around, but we shall see how much I am able to get done there. 

Publishing: I want to publish five projects this year, which is way more than my previous record of three books published in a year, but I'm going to try anyway. My publishing goals look a little bit like this...

A Tale of Gods and Glory (Winter of 2022—hopefully this month)

A Season of Subterfuge, Courtiers, and War Councils (Spring of 2022—maybe March?)

 A Matter of Curiosity (Late Spring of 2022—hopefully May)

Harbinger of the End (Summer of 2022—aiming for August)

 Rage Like the Gods (November 11th, 2022)

So yeah, that's a lot of projects, but I'm pretty confident (okay maybe 76% confident) that I can do this. Of the books I want to publish A Tale of Gods and Glory is already written and been through the majority of edits. A Season of Subterfuge is already written and halfway edited. Rage Like the Gods is already written. A Matter of Curiosity is halfway written. So, the only story I have to write the mahority of in 2022 is Harbinger of the End. I've already done most of the heavy lifting for my publication goals this year back in 2021.

 



(Via Pinterest)

And there you have it; the gauntlet has been thrown down. The goals have been announced. Here we go, 2022.


6 comments:

  1. Whoa, best of luck on your 2022 goals!! Super excited for everything you've got planned this year :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm also very excited these are going to be some fun stories to work on :D

      Delete
  2. I have been failing spectacularly in commenting, but I have been in AWE at all you have accomplished and so, so excited over all you plan to achieve. All your stories just sound SO GOOD. LIKE. I can't even! And, again, embarrassingly late in commenting but the cover for Harbinger of the End is AMAZIIIING. And the story sounds like the MOST delicious thing. And and and YES. I love your ideas SO SO much!!!

    Cheering you on, girl, as you tackle this new and exciting year! I do hope it proves to be an absolutely spectacular one for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It only means you have been succeeding on your hiatus XD Awww well thank you! I'm quite excited myself, does it show? Thank you! I have two that I plan on introducing later this year and I CANNOT WAIT to squeal publicly about the. Eeep I'm so glad that you like it, I still can't quite believe just how beautiful it is, I can't wait to have that book sitting on my desk with all of my others.

      Thank you! And I'm hoping that 2022 is a good year for YOU as well :D

      Delete
  3. Ohhh, you should definitely get back into digital art, it's really fun! =) And it would be so cool if you were to open a RedBubble shop!

    And if you need a recommendation for a book, I would recommend "Fae Hunter" series by Sarah K.L. Wilson. Each book is pretty short but with a cliffhanger that makes you want to read the next book, and they are pretty fast pace. Characters are sometimes sarcastic and real, loved them.

    700-800 thousand words! That would be awesome, you go girl!

    Ohhhh an unannounced project??? I'm pumped!

    You're going to be writing "A Winter Bright and Burning" this year? Sweet!

    OHHHHH! YES!!! Definitely try to squeeze in "League of Thieves"!

    Good luck with your publishing! Five books, wow! I'm super excited for all of them!

    Cheering you on Nicki! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to! XD I know for a fact I would spend all of my money buying my own merch so maybe it's for the best that I haven't done that just yet, but it's definitely the plan.

      Oooh, yes I've heard of that one it looks super interesting. The only Wilson book I have is Summernight so I would probably read that one first, but her books all just look SO good.

      It would be quite the feather in my cap.

      There are technically two now... whoops.

      That's the plan anyway, I'm pretty excited for that one.

      LoT has waited long enough and you all have waited long enough for LoT.

      Thank you, yes, it's quite the venture but I'm optimistic.

      Thank you! And I'm cheering you on for your 2022 goals :)

      Delete