Sunday, January 9, 2022

I have a gameplan, it looks a bit like this


In my last post, I gave my goals of 2022, which mostly revolve around my writing goals. Now it's time to discuss what completing those goals is going to look like.

In other words, today I'm sharing my gameplan. Now I'll admit, it's not much of a gameplan, but what can I say? I'm a planster, I like a little structure and to come up with the rest along the way.

As I mentioned when I stated my 2022 goals, I only have to finish writing two of the five projects that I want to release this year. These projects are A Matter of Curiosity (expected publication May 2022) and Harbinger of the End (Summer of 2022). I'm over halfway done with MoC (60,000 words out of approx. 90,000) and only about 7,000 words into Harbinger (I've currently been trying to get all of my thoughts for this story jotted down into a chronological order).

So, these two stories are my main writing projects going into 2022. For editing I have A Tale of Gods and Glory (hopefully coming out this month !!!!!) and A Season of Subterfuge, Courtiers, and War Councils (expected publication March of 2022). I'm halfway through the edits of SoS, and on the very last rounds of edits of AToGaG as I add in feedback from my beta readers.

Obviously, I'm planning to be entirely done with AToGaG this month, however I am also hoping to finish up the first draft of MoC by the end of this month (actually I'm trying to have it done by the end of this week, but only time will tell if that is a realistic goal or not). I'm also hoping to have finished the main edits of SoS either sometime this month or mid-February to give my editor some time to work on that. Harbinger I've given myself until the end of March to finish.

Once I finish those two books, I'll be done writing all of the books I wish to publish in 2022, that leaves most of the year to focus on getting some 2023 releases written. I have six books I want to try to release in 2023, the final books in three series—A Winter Bright and Burning (Winter Cursed book 3), Of Dawn and Fire (The Of Dreams and Nightmares Trilogy book 3), An Era of Evil, Dragons, and Dark Lords (My Time in Amar book 4)— as well as two books set in Ruskhazar, one the continuation of the Rage Like the Gods series and one starting a whole new series. I also plan on starting two other books that will be the beginnings of their own series, I haven't announced these stories yet, but I will once I'm a substantial bit into them.

I'm not entirely sure what order I'm going to work on them in, I certainly want to work on some more than others. And even though I have a rough idea of what order I want to publish them in, that's all subject to change, seeing as what we are talking about is a year out and the order that I publish them is subject to change. It's going to especially depend on which projects I will have done when the time comes for publishing. I do however intend to try publishing AWBAB next January or February so that's one that I definitely need to write this year.

I'll keep you posted as to which ones I will pick up after Harbinger (I'll probably start working on the Ruskhazar projects after I finish MoC, but that's about all I've decided on so far). There's still the April and July Camp NaNos and NaNoWriMo itself so I need to figure out what I'll be doing during those.

My editing goals are as follows...

As I finish editing SoS, I'm planning to pick up edits on RLtG and work on that for about a month while MoC sits, hopefully I'll be able to finish a POV or two on that one before I pick up MoC and give it one last readthrough before I sent it off to an editor as well. After that I'll pick up Harbinger and get that edited up, before I return to RLtG. I don't know how long until I am done with editing RLtG it's a very large book, but if there is any time extra in the late summer or fall, I'm hoping to try to edit LoT as well. After RLtG's release, I'm planning to edit AWBAB because that is my first release of 2023, I'll also try to get a start on ODaF since currently I'm planning on trying to publish that one in the spring.

So yeah, mostly my intention is to focus on Harbinger, MoC, SoS and finally publishing AToGaG in the first three or so months of the year. After that, my schedule is far more fluid so I can go with my muse. Hopefully you liked this somewhat more technical post and for those of you who were wondering how I was planning to publish five books in a year hopefully this post answered your questions. Or maybe it only gave you new ones to ask like, is this girl sane?

2 comments:

  1. I realized that your word for the year is "Create" but I think that "Ambitious" would also be a good word for you. XD Wow girl, you are doing so much! I'm super excited to see everything that you are able to produce, I can't even pick out which project I'm most excited for as I can't wait for all of them! =D

    And I can completely concur that Nicki is one hundred percent sane. Just ambitious and I'm pretty sure that she writes in her sleep and maybe knits stories while watching TV and playing video games. And I'm pretty sure that she has trained her dogs to write for her when she's not around. And somewhere she has a plan of taking over the world, but she's sane XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ambitious would definitely be a good word, lol. I considered it briefly, but I just couldn't get the word "create" out of my head so I kept with that one. Girl, I feel you I don't even know which one I'm most excited to write, I'm so pumped to work on them.

      Oh good, I'm glad to hear that I'm sane XD okay, but I do actually knit stories while watching TV and playing video games, so you're right on the head with that one. And I may or may not bribe my dogs with treats and you'll never hear any of my plans for world domination from me but I'll let you know that they are coming along quite well ;P

      Delete