Sunday, December 5, 2021

So... How Did NaNo Go?

 

(all images via Pinterest)

We are now entering into the final month of the year. Many of us are recovering from the haze of words known as NaNoWriMo. This year my goal was to finally finish writing Rage Like the Gods.

So yeah... I didn't exactly finish RLtG, at least not in November as I had originally expected. I gave it my best shot, I wrote 68k words last month and finished three of the four POVs I had to write. However, it turns out RLtG was a monstrously huge beast, and I needed an extra week to finish it up.

In the month of November, I also finished editing and published Of Stars and Shadows. As well as edited and sent A Tale of Gods and Glory out to my beta readers and an editor. So that was over 200k right there that I was juggling on the side.

So, it really is no small wonder that I didn't finish RLtG in the month of November. Still, it's done now. And thank heavens.

I'm so relieved the first draft of Rage Like the Gods is finally done!!!

Coming in at 300,000 words long, it' double the size of what was formerly my largest book (A Winter Dark and Deadly).

This epic fantasy is the first book in a saga full of undead monsters, conflicting magics, and majestic mountains. There are elves, vampires, werewolves, assassins, mercenaries, bards, thieves... and basically anything a fantasy loving heart could want. And it's only book one.

And it's coming out next year (just imagine in less than a month I can say that it is coming this year).

When? You may be asking.

Rage Like the Gods is releasing November 11th, 2022


I'm pretty excited but also terrified, I've never really set a date ahead of time since I know just how turbulent publishing can be and how it doesn't always work out the way you want it to, but I'm hoping that this date will work out. It has certain sentimental value to me (if you know, you know). I'm also hoping to put RLtG up for preorder. And I do intend to have preorder incentives, once I figure out just what I'm doing, so you will have that to look forward to as well.

And yes, I know that November 11th is almost an entire year away. Trust me, I'm about to explode from the excitement of finally holding a finished copy in my hands, but it just isn't ready yet. So, wait we all must.

In the meantime, I'll have more books coming out between now and then to tide us over.

One such book is A Tale of Gods and Glory a standalone set in Ruskhazar, the same world as Rage Like the Gods. I am hoping to release that next month, and so far everything seems to be moving along for the timing of that. It will offer a glimpse into the world of Ruskhazar as well as it will tell the chaotic, sometime humorous and sometimes tragic tale of Taliz of Coldhaven.

Between Gods and Demigods the prequel to the Rage Like the Gods series is also out and available for only 99 cents on Amazon or you can receive a free copy of it by signing up to my newsletter.

6 comments:

  1. WOW, congrats on finishing that epic monstrosity, and on all you got done for NaNo! I didn't even participate, I knew it wasn't in the cards this year, and here I am feeling frazzled trying to finish my currently-70k WIP.

    That sounds truly epic, that's for sure. I think setting a deadline can be helpful, though I'm a noob, so what do I know. If I finish my current WIP first draft by Christmas I'll be thrilled :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!! I am so excited about having finished RLtG and very pleased with everything that I got done during NaNo on the side. November can be such a busy month for a lot of people. Trying to finish any drafts can be such a frazzling experience.

      Thank you, I'm so glad that you think so. Setting a deadline certainly helps me to finish drafts, but publishing dates can be tricky little stinkers. Fingers crossed that you'll be able to achieve that goal!

      Delete
  2. AAAAHHHH CONGRATS ON FINISHING!!!!!!! *throws confetti* And oh my WORD. 300k??? NICKI. You are amazing! :O And I thought my books were large! Lol. That is so very epic!

    And EEP. We have a publishing date yassss!!! So looking forward to this!

    And can I just say one more time how in AWE I am at everything you did in November??? Like. I don't know how you juggled it all. You are a writing NINJA.

    Congrats on finishing RLtG and ALL your amazing accomplishments! I do hope December proves to be a fantastic month for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH THANK YOU SO MUCH *dances in the confetti* I will admit, that I am a little surprised for the majority of my time spent writing this book, I thought it was going to be 250k at most, but then apparently my brain decided, what's 50k between friends? I thought my books were large too, but compared to RLtG apparently they're just teeny tiny XD

    Yasss, I'm so excited.

    I honestly have no idea how I accomplished all that, it was all just a haze of productivity.

    Thank you so much! And I hope the same for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even fathom 300,000 words that's impressive! You did so much!
    *claps*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I can't even fathom it either, it's so many words and that's after I cut back on some of the things I wanted to add, lol.

      Thank you very much!

      Delete