Tuesday, June 8, 2021

What you have probably all been waiting for//I finally finished AWDAD

 

Art of Elisabeth and Cedric by the extremely talented Hannah Rogers @IncscapeStudios

Dear reader,

I finished AWDAD.

As I write this, emails with the manuscript are flying to my beta readers' and editor's inboxes. I have washed my hands of this story until closer to August when I will start working on editing and incorporating all of the changes my editor and beta readers find. Which will probably be quite a few, knowing how sloppy my writing can be sometimes.

And then?

Well, hopefully I will publish it. I don't have a date yet, but that's because I wasn't setting a date. The very second AWDAD is finally ready, I'm publishing it that day. You guys have waited long enough for this book.

It's around 160,000 words (which will probably change some in the next stage of edits) and 550 pages long. Once it is out, it will become my longest book I have published, and hold that title until I do something crazy like publish RLtG or SoS. It took me 4 years to write and then rewrite this beastie, and I have changed the climax and ending at least three times. The epilogue came dangerously close to making me cry, and I'm just so happy to finally have it done.

Like Winter Cursed and AWGAL, AWDAD will be illustrated by Maddy Moore.

Look at how fine Elisabeth and Cedric look


I thought that as a way of celebrating I would share some of my playlist for this book. Now the official Spotify Playlist that I created (which you can find here) is like 159 songs and eight and a half hours long. So I picked out the top ten songs that I think represent the mood and themes of this story pretty well.


I See Fire (the original also works, but I think this one fits the mood better)


So excited for when I will finally have all three of these books together on my desk.


2 comments: