Sunday, June 13, 2021

So I finished editing AWDAD... what's next?



(Images in all collages via Pinterest)



May was a busy month, marked by the publication of Between Gods and Demigods. During my free time when I was not editing or illustrating this troublesome novella, I was working on editing AWDAD. I had put aside all of my other projects other than these two and the end result was being able to publish Between Gods and Demigods on time, and editing around 40k of AWDAD, I edited another 20k last week and finally wrapped up editing that beast.

So that was May. What's in store for June? Especially now that AWDAD is off being beta read and edited.

I put down Of Stars and Shadows to work on AWDAD full time, so I'm picking that back up. I'm planning on marathoning it till The End

I am taking part in the Go Teen Writer's 100-for-100 challenge with Rage Like the Gods so working on writing that every day

I keep promising that I'm going to announce some new stories—there are two of them to be precise, but I just haven't gotten around to that because finishing up A Winter Dark and Deadly had previously consumed my soul. I will however announce them soon(ish).

But for now all you need to know is that for right now my current projects are OSaS and RLtG. I'm crazy excited to work on both these stories. RLtG is sitting at about 120k and OSaS at 20k so I'm a good bit into each story. If you add in the combined word counts for books I have published in these worlds Ruskhazar is actually at 140k and the Otherworlds is at 130k, needless to say, I'm quite at home with both of these books, even though initially OSaS looks so small next to RLtG.

They can't be more different, and I'm crazy excited to be able to explore the different facets these stories have to offer. RLtG has five POV characters, OSaS is told solely from Jaye's POV (this trilogy is the only series I have ever written with only one POV character). One is YA and one is adult. One is portal fantasy and one is high fantasy. One is about faeries and faeries alone, and one has elves, but other creatures such as vampires and werewolves as well. One is derived from Irish folklore and the other gets inspiration from Russian and Scandinavian myths. Ruskhazar is mountains and the Otherworld is courts.

Both have assassins.

Both have a ton of romance. However, while RLtG offers a good deal of ships that are all extremely different, I'm not sure if any of those ships can quite reach the open antagonism that is Jayvven. And vice versa, while Jayvven is a fiery relationship, I can explore a sweeter relationship in some of the RLtG ships.

I project OSaS to be the shortest full length novel I have ever written and as such its plot is tighter, everything is connected and every action has an affect. RLtG is what I believe will be my longest novel I have written, and it has five separate plots that takes the whole series to bring together.

And for these differences both are very near and dear to my heart. I couldn't imagine having to choose just one (*cough* yes I can *cough* it's RLtG), so I'm very excited to be able to work on both of these together. And I hope that you will be excited to read them when I finally finish,eq hopefully both, sometime this summer.

2 comments:

  1. Gah the amount of stories you have in you. I'm amazed.
    I'm struggling with the one I'm working on. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you xD Just because I am working on multiple stories doesn't mean that I don't struggle with the ones I'm working on though. It just means twice the struggle XD XD Ah well, our stories will be worth it in the end.

      Delete