Wednesday, March 4, 2020

News- perhaps not the news you expected, but at least it's news

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

You know how in the last post I said I had a lot of fun stuff in store for this blog. I lied. Turns out I'm actually going on a hiatus. An official one this time, so I won't keep saying that I'm gonna get on the blogging bandwagon over and over and then go a whole month without posting.

I'm going to be honest, I'm struggling when it comes to my writing. I haven't been able to write anything of consequence since November. So I'm taking a break from the internet to focus on refinding my muse.

With that said, I also have to point out that you should disregard all publishing plans I have announced. Because I don't actually know at this point when my books are going to be published. I'm currently taking a nice long break from Amar due to the fact that it was speed writing two Amar books in a very short timespan that got me stuck in this rut.

I do have a rough-ish game plan which includes finishing rewriting A Winter Dark and Deadly (I am going to try to have it ready by the end of the year but we shall see), polishing up Of Gold and Iron and figuring out where else to submit it, and working on a handful of not 150k word long fantasy sequels.

I don't know when I will be back, maybe it will be April? With Camp NaNo and all. But then my current project is sort of mildly a secret so I wouldn't be able to talk about it much. When I do get back I will hopefully have some very big announcements to make. I don't want to say anything prematurely because I'm still figuring out a game plan, but my writing is taking a big turn that I didn't actually see coming. And yes that does have to do with my current WIP. And no I'm not saying any more on the subject.

So anyway, I will see you all when I have my writing figured out again, hopefully with some big announcements and that Q&A post so you can get all of your questions answered.

4 comments:

  1. This post title though xD I love it.

    <3 Take all the time you need, hon. We'll be here. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand having to take a break! I hope your hiatus is a good one and you're able to recharge. :)

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have an amazing break, Nicki! I'm so excited for all your writing plans, however unexpected!! The ones that spring on us without warning are often the best ones. ;D

    ReplyDelete