Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Farewell May

Is May already over? Seriously? Already? Oh sheesh. But anyway, I guess that means that we are now in my favorite month, June.

But first a little wrap up for last month.

Life

This month I have been focusing on "taking care of myself". Just the little things. Drinking more water, eating healthier, exercising more, not letting myself dwell on negative thoughts. It isn't much but it has certainly helped with my state of mind.

Reading

I've suffered from a bit of reader's block lately. I only got two books read this month, but they were both really great reads!

To Best the Boys by Mary Weber
5 stars!
Labyrinth// Disguise// Science
Mark of the Raven by Morgan L. Busse
4.5 stars
Dreamwalking// Assassins// World Building















Screen Time


Endgame
I've followed along the Marvel Universe since Iron Man 1 so of course I was invested in seeing Endgame. Now no spoilers. I will simply say that this movie didn't disappoint me like many of the more recent Marvel movies have. But it didn't wow me either.


Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Maybe my favorite thing in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, obviously I had to re-watch these after Endgame. No regrets.



Hacksaw Ridge
Wowza. This was such a powerful movie, I loved it. But also... it's rated R for violence and my goodness... O.o


Tolkien
Went to see this one in theaters too. I enjoyed it. I don't know that much of Tolkien's life outside of the basics and how he developed his writing style so I can't say how far it went with historical accuracy. But I certainly enjoyed the nods to the different mythologies that he studied and inspired his works. I would classify it as The Man Who Invented Christmas meets a war movie.


Harry Price Ghost Hunter

Pretty creepy. Pretty creepy indeed. This movie keeps you guessing and on your toes. I sort of wish they had made a full series out of it, but oh well.

Mortal Engines

I knew literally nothing about this movie going in except that it was directed by Peter Jackson and Elrond was the bad guy. But, guys, this movie was amazing. I loved it so much! My favorite movie this month, without a doubt.

Thor: Tales of Asgard
Watched the pilot episode for this since my mom had bought it at a library sale. I'd thought it would be dumb but it was actually pretty good? I was surprised, but the relationship between Thor and Loki was precious. And the warriors three were awesome. Also, I loved the nods to Norse mythology (and some others) in it.


Doctor Who Season 2
Excuse the sounds of crying, that's just me because I finished Doctor Who Season 2. Roooooosssseeee!!!!


Victoria Season 3

Finally got all caught up on this show. I loved it showing the Crystal Palace, but my goodness. YOU CAN'T END A SEASON LIKE THAT!!!

The Hunger Games
Catching Fire



Watched these two since my brother finally read the series so now he can watch the movies. Classics.

Writing

Been focusing most of my time and energy on editing A Time of Trepidation, Pirates, and Lost Princesses it's slow progress, but progress all the same. I also started working on a Sci-Fi project for the GTW 100-for-100 writing challenge.

Toward the end of the month, I finally heard back from Uncommon Universes Publishing where I sent Of Gold and Iron to. They requested that I send them the whole manuscript to be reviewed!!! I still am freaking out over that! :D

Anyway, that's all for this month. What have you been up to? Have you seen Mortal Engines yet? Are you partaking in the 100-for-100 challenge? Comment Below!

12 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. That’s SO EXCITING that they asked for the whole manuscript!! Here’s to hoping that something amazing comes out of it!

    Have you read the Mortal Engines book? I’ve read it, but haven’t been able to watch the movie yet. I’m a little worried, although I must say, the book wasn’t my favorite....

    Hope you have an amazing June, Nicki! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'M SO EXCITED. *crosses fingers* Here's hoping.

      No, I haven't read the Mortal Engines book yet. Though after having seen the movie, I want to. What are you worried about?

      Same to you, Nicole! :D <3

      Delete
  2. Oh sounds like you've had a good month! Hacksawridge was so violent -- good but very violent. Definitely not my fave for that reason because I'm just weird about a lot of violence...oh well...BUT Tolkien is high on my list. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have. Pretty much how I would describe it XD Definitely not my fave, but still amazing. Tolkien was great <3

      Delete
  3. I need to watch Tolkien so much <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU GOT A REQUEST FOR YOUR MANUSCRIPT YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW I'M SO EXCITED AND SHOCKED AND SURPRISED THAT I ACTUALLY DID AHHHHH!!!!

      Delete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS WITH YOUR STORY MANUSCRIPT REQUEST THINGY WHATEVER YAY YOU!
    You seem to have had a nice movie month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH, MERIE!

      Thanks, I sure watched a whole lot of movies this month haven't I? ;P

      Delete
  6. Best of luck with your manuscript! That's amazing!

    Doctor Who the season 2 finale always breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Skye. I'm super exited about it :D :D :D

      Oh yes, it breaks my heart. Most of the Doctor Who Season Finales are pretty brutal though, aren't they?

      Delete