Sunday, January 20, 2019

Amar// Collages, Updates, and More!




I promised a post about Amar now didn't I? And since I'm working five days next week I don't really know if or when I'll have time for that, so I'll just put this post up now.

I know with the upcoming release of A Winter Grim and Lonely, that I haven't really been focusing on Amar and while that is true, that doesn't mean that nothing has been happening over there.

First of all, a little bit of an update. I know maMy Time in Amar book two. Believe me, I'm pretty impatient myself. I really wanted this finished long before now, but A Time of Trepidation, Pirates, and Lost Princesses has always been a difficult story. It took me about two years to even write the first draft so... yeah. I am still working on it, I swear! Even if it hasn't been as steadily as I would like. However, I shortly plan on rectifying that.

ny of you are waiting patiently (and sometimes impatiently) for the release of

I don't take and credit for the pictures, they are all from Pinterest


I recently put three books on hold at my library. They are:

These Rebel Waves By Sara Raasch
To Kill a Kingdom By Alexandra Christo
And....

Seafire by Natalie C, Parker

I'm really hoping that these swashbuckling tales will help inspire me to write this story. Especially for the pirate-y aspects that are coming up.

I'm almost halfway though and honestly, I'm really loving this new version of it. I only have one last part to get through and then pirates!

My goal is to have this story finished by July at latest. But if I can get it done earlier than that, you won't hear any complaining from me. A thousand and one thank yous and apologies to my alpha reader (you know who you are). You are so patient with me. I'll start sending you chapters again very soon!

Via Pinterest


And now onto the second part of my update.... Return to Amar.

Yes, that's right, I have an announcement for you there too. And it is that I am starting A Matter of Curiosity.

Via Pinterest


Yes, that's right, you did not hear incorrectly. I am starting this story. Well, actually I've already started it, but I'm only about 211 words in so obviously I haven't gotten that far into it.

Somehow I'm working on both of my sequels that take place in Amar at the same time. And they could not be any more different!

Honestly, I'm not even sure if I should be starting this now, because this book doesn't take place until after book three of My Time in Amar. So even when I write it, no one can read it until I finish A Season of Subterfuge, Courtiers, and War Councils cause... spoilers! This is the story that begins tying together the two series. All the books before not can be read on their own, but this one has to be read in the correct order. But I know how the stories go so it doesn't really make as much of a difference to me what order that I write it.

With all that said, I can share some things without any worries of spoilers (except for those who have not read A Certain Sort of Madness yet if that is the case.... FLEE FOR THE HILLS! And grab a copy of that book to read while you are gone).

Now, for those of you who have not run off to those proverbial hills, I've written up a temporary synopsis for you to enjoy and to tide you over until this book can finally come out*

*I'm still aiming for my March of 2020 goal because like I said, even if I write this now A Season of Subterfuge, Courtiers, and War Councils has to be released first.



Reality is Cracking…

It has been several months since the events that put her mother in a coma. Since her grandfather was imprisoned in the Unrealm as well as Dante. Since she’s last stepped foot in Amar. Trying to put heartache and broken promises behind her, Alicia attempts for the first time in her existence to actually live a regular life. But apparently “normal” has always been hopelessly out of her reach.

Cracks are appearing everywhere, showing glimpses into the other worlds. Marius is fighting to break free from his prison, and reality is tearing at the seems to try to hold him in. The only way to save the four realms is to find a way to stop her grandfather once and for all. But how does one defeat an immortal?

He offers her a bargain. Play a game against him, winner takes all. The stakes are her future, her mother’s life, and the freedom of the boy she loved- and still possibly might. Only the most powerful mage in all Amar will walk away. But in order to win, Alicia must become like her grandfather and be willing to use her friends as pawns.

In this twisted game love and loyalty, sanity and safety are all just an illusion. And sometimes reality doesn’t deserve to be saved.



In the first book, I said that insanity was catching. Well... it's caught. Now it's time to sit back and watch it rage like a wildfire.

The first book was inspired by Alice in Wonderland. This one is inspired by Alice Through the Looking Glass. Expect even more elements of Wonderland than were in even the first book!

The Red Queen is going to be in this book, and she gets her own POV- she's not who you think.

The circus is back.

So are the faeries, and they are just as twisted as ever.

And as I've already hinted, this story ties into My Time in Amar. In fact, several characters in My Time in Amar will be in this book, but I can't tell you anymore or else this post will no longer be the spoiler-free zone that I promised it would be.

Finally, I give you the first line:


My story ended with the word, “Run.”



Via Pinterest


That's all I've got for now, folks! Which of these sequels are you most excited to read? Authors, do you often have trouble working on sequels or is that just me? Readers, do you tend to enjoy the sequel more or less than the first book? Comment Below!

10 comments:

  1. ALLLLLL THE SEQUELS GIVE ME ALL THE NICKI BOOKS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'M SO EXCITED!!! And I love your collages! I LOVE IT ALL SO MUCH. 😍

    Oooh, I've got my eye on To Kill A Kingdom too. Seems like a hit or miss, but it's pretty high up on my TBR nonetheless. XD

    Lila @ The Red-Hooded Writer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eep! I'm so glad that you do!!! Thank you!

      It looks really interesting! I don't know when I'll be reading, but I'll be sure to put up a review about it when I finish it.

      Delete
  3. Do I have to just pick one sequel?!?!? I can't wait for alllllll of them!!!! Seriously, I feel like I'm hanging in all your worlds right now Nicki (not only am I hanging in Amar, but just all of them)! XD I just can't wait!

    As an author, writing sequels is hard.... But also fun, and easier in some sense as the world is already built up and ready to use.

    As a reader, I tend to really enjoy sequels, but for me it always depends on book to book. Sometimes they're better. Sometimes they're not. And sometimes the fist and the sequel is great all the way through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, you don't have to pick just one sequel XD Because A Winter Dark and Deadly is a sequel too. You are reading/have recently read a lot of my books of late XD (oh definitely not, the Otherworlds wouldn't want to be discluded...)

      Oh definitely, I like writing sequels because I know all of these characters, but also, for some reason it's just HARD.

      Same, for me it depends on the book too.

      Delete
  4. I love this idea, I don't believe I've read any Alice in Wonderland retellings before. and the collages are so awesome looking. :D
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm glad that you do! I can only think of one that I've read, the Splintered Trilogy by A.G. Howard, but I can assure you those books are not at all the same. Hers was definitely a retelling, mine might be a little closer to the lines of "inspired by"? But it definitely has Alice in Wonderland themes and that's what matters right? Thanks, I spent far too much time on them XD

      Delete