Monday, May 24, 2021

I have like half a plan and here it is...

(Images Via Pinterest)
-the banner was made by my sister Jes Drew to celebrate the release of Between Gods and Demigods-

 

For the doubters among you who have been wondering, yes, I do indeed have a plan.

A real actual publishing plan when it comes to my books. It's a very good plan. It's a very solid plan. I am very fond of this plan.

Even if it is only half a plan.

What can I say? A lot can happen in one year, let alone the many years it would take to follow through with my current plan. I like to leave some wiggle room for new WIPs.

So yes, there is always that unknown factor in the equation, but this is what I have so far. Mind you, I do actually have plans for some as of yet unannounced books, but I'm still not ready to announce those bad babies yet so they won't be included in this plan.

This plan is for the announced series and stories that I am already in the middle of. Here we go.

A Winter Dark and Deadly— The long awaited sequel of Winter Cursed, I have been working tirelessly on editing it, it's more than halfway done. Depending on the timing it may be my next release. I am really hoping to get it done and published this summer, but I suppose only time will tell if I manage that goal. I think I will, but this story certainly likes throwing up plot holes. Anyway, I definitely plan to have it released in 2021.

The Of Dreams and Nightmares Trilogy— book two I plan to release this October, book three October of 2022, and then this trilogy will be wrapped up.

League of Thieves— I am still planning on editing up LoT soon, however, the current publishing plans I have for it is to try querying it to trad publishers... so this duology is still a long way from publication.

Rage Like the Gods— My latest release was the prequel for this series, so when is this series coming out? Short answer, book one comes out in 2022, I'm hoping later spring or early summer. I will have a more specific date, hopefully soon. Long answer? Well, honestly I probably need a whole other post to talk about the publishing plans for the RLtG series and the books surrounding it. Until I end up writing that, just know that this series is what I plan on spending the majority of my time and focus on for the next five or so years, however long it takes to get through this saga.

But I know what you're all asking... What about Amar? Two of my current series take place in Amar. My Time in Amar which still has two more books to be released (A Season of Subterfuge has already been written, but has quite a few edits to go) and Return to Amar which is only a duology and has only one more book to go: A Matter of Curiosity. MoC would be done already if not for the pesky technicality that it is set after the events of SoS. Amar's schedule is largely dependent on if I decide to have LoT of SoS be the next book I edit. If it is SoS I can have it started probably as early as this fall and who knows maybe it would be done by next year. However, if it is LoT, I probably would not pick up any Amar books until I wrap up the Of Dreams of Nightmares trilogy in Fall of 2022, which means they probably wouldn't come out till 2023. I do however, intend to release SoS and MoC around the same time so once I do return to Amar, you will have two books to tide you over until I finally write the grand finale of My Time in Amar.

So there you have it, my half of a plan. There are still a lot of dates I don't know, but hopefully it gives you a general timeframe for how long you will be waiting for these books.

Now I just have one last question left. Which one do you want me to start working on next...

SoS or LoT?

4 comments:

  1. You know I want me that Matter of Curiosityyyyy. (Also yes I've caught up on several of your blog posts... I was long overdue hehehe)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your dedication to Matter of Curiosity is quite frankly admirable (oooh yay!)

      Delete
  2. It's a very good plan! I approve.

    ReplyDelete